where to get tracer rounds for any calibur locally, AND CHEAP NON STEELCORE 7.62X39

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Ak47saiga

well my title pretty much states it all. been thinking about ordering some piney mountain tracer ammo off the internet but dont have the patients for 30$ for 50 rounds of .22lr ammo that glows red or green while traveling. would be neat to find some for my ak too though...on that not HNH IS GAY ...(ya they have a rubber backstop?) they do not allow me to shoot my cheap 4.99 a box tula ammo because walmart sells it and apparently its "steel core" yet they say its because a magnet sticks to the end of the projectile. what i dont understand is i thought steel core was ILLEGAL because its armour pierceing.... to my understandablity seems like the specific ammo would have to be manufactuared as armour piercing for that notion to count, so id like to know where i can get some cheap ammo for that too thats non steel core that will pass a magnet test at hnh when i take my 7.62x39 saiga up there i converted myself.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
try ammoman.com for range safe 7.62x39. H&H owns the business and can make any rules that the wish. There are other places to shoot that allow steel core ammo. Banner range in El Reno, public ranges at several Wildlife management areas around the state.

A

Ak47saiga

ya i goto banner range all the time. but it just pisses me off that instead i have to pay 30$ for a box of ammo that, well is just generally less effective! only reason i want to even goto hnh is because they allow you to rent full auto guns...all that BS aside, do they have any range/lanes further than the 100 yard one at el reno? i need some long long range place to go to....

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
99% of ranges will not allow real tracers due too fire danger.
Due you really want to be on the 6 o'clock news being arrested for starting some big grass fire?
thats why most local stores don't sell real tracers.

A

Ak47saiga

99% of ranges will not allow real tracers due too fire danger.
Due you really want to be on the 6 o'clock news being arrested for starting some big grass fire?
thats why most local stores don't sell real tracers.

steel core just means it kicks more ass :) lol, i forgot to mention this aspect of it. ya i understand that.. but i go shooting out in the country alot on family private property and theres nothing for miles, we have a very large pond and we shoot across it at a 30-50 foot dirt mound on the other side of it where we have metal gongs setup so im not worried about fires. it would be nice to find some cheap tracers online i guess because ive never shot them ever...more than likely to just get .22lr tracer rounds. but in that aspect ive looked at other rifle/shotgun specialty ammo like that and its SUPER expensive...guess im just looking for some cheap ammo i can get about 150 rounds that i can shoot at hnh when i take a few of my rifles up there and see about renting out a full auto ak-RPK to see what the difference is. mainly just to waist money i guess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom