Where to locate new Store

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where to locate new gunsmith store

• Edmond

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Northwest OKC

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • East of OKC (Yukon / Mustang)?

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • Souh West OKC

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Between Southeast & Southwest OKC

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • South East OKC

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Between South OKC and Moore

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Moore

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • Between Moore and Norman

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • Norman

Votes: 17 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I, honestly thinking about, would say in the MWC Del City area. H&h is on I 40 west, several gun shops in NW expy, Heartland on the north side, Everettes in north Norman(another one little further south of them, but I don't know their name). Canadian Valley further west. Other than Gun World on the east side there are no "Gun Shops" east of downtown. I know that you have primarily sold guns and completed gunsmithing where you are. I would think you would do well in the I40 and sooner area. I live in Moore, work in edmond and this would be out of my everyday beaten path, just to give you an idea of my honest opinion that would not reflect upon my personal wants...
--Mech

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely north OKC or Edmond. Considering the number of similar businesses are a drive for those of us who live on the north side I think you'd have more business opportunity in north OKC or Edmond. The Nichols Hills area is big money so property costs would be too so a spot on the perimeter should do well. There is a LOT of growth on the north side of Memorial especially around Penn and North Portland, plus not a lot of competition so that would be an excellent area that's just going to get better as the years go on.

This is pretty much what I was going to suggest. Will you be hiring??

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should look at far Northwest OKC.
Piedmont/Deer Creek area.
Great area, lots of hunters and shooters, reasonable rental/buying costs for property.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thoughts-
Any tax, zoning, pro/anti gun climate or crime concerns in the listed areas?

Access. Always nice to have reasonable freeway access. And, to be visible from the freeway gives free publicity. Decent parking is a plus.

And, although 2 miles off I-35 in Norman, the old Gun Country on Flood already has an indoor range and parking lot. Not sure what's going on with it, but it's sat idle for about 10 years or so. Close enough to the booming Northside retail corridor to throw the wife out, zip down to Flood (3-4 min) to shop for guns and still make it back before she buys out the shoe stores.

Norman's a nice, growing town with fairly good 2A support (Always a few College crowd antis, but they are the exception).

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will be sorry to see you go......I have family in the OKC area and used to live there years ago> I voted for Edmond (easier to get to for us Tulsa folks)

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about somewhere along the Killpatrick turnpike maybe around hwy 74. That's close enough to Edmond and Okc metomess and Yukon. I am always up for a road trip to go to a gunshop myself. But Moore and Norman are off limits for this guy. Good luck in the move.

Latest posts

Top Bottom