Where to locate new Store

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where to locate new gunsmith store

• Edmond

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Northwest OKC

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • East of OKC (Yukon / Mustang)?

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • Souh West OKC

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Between Southeast & Southwest OKC

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • South East OKC

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Between South OKC and Moore

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Moore

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • Between Moore and Norman

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • Norman

Votes: 17 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I, honestly thinking about, would say in the MWC Del City area. H&h is on I 40 west, several gun shops in NW expy, Heartland on the north side, Everettes in north Norman(another one little further south of them, but I don't know their name). Canadian Valley further west. Other than Gun World on the east side there are no "Gun Shops" east of downtown. I know that you have primarily sold guns and completed gunsmithing where you are. I would think you would do well in the I40 and sooner area. I live in Moore, work in edmond and this would be out of my everyday beaten path, just to give you an idea of my honest opinion that would not reflect upon my personal wants...
--Mech

I agree with MWC. You could put Gunworld out of business and there's plenty of new business with Tinker right there.
(Plus, I live around there)

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
put that baby as close to the NW expressway/Hefner Deathway junction as you can!

Or second vote would be somewhere around Mercy Hospital Area. That area is booming also.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with MWC. You could put Gunworld out of business and there's plenty of new business with Tinker right there.
(Plus, I live around there)

haha nothing will put gun world out of business. One sale of a gun will pay their employees for a month. Imagine their prices now with Obama getting a second term. $4000 AR 15. lol
however on a serious note Brigadoons (though no longer a gun shop) was there for years and gunworld thrived. So I doubt any new gun shop opening would impact their business much.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know in Moore you have Mark's firearms (though I never been there). I would think in between Moore and Norman would be a great location.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
looks to me that if you add up Moore, Norman, and between Norman and Moore you have a clear winner! Edmond a close second.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I really want is a Burger King or Jack in the Box right at 74th and 152. But if you insist on opening a gun shop, how bout around Main and Oklahoma, so I can come by on my lunch hour.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Edmond used to have a Smith that did very well (I heard he quit business due to bad business practices, not lack of business)

Heartland is up and coming in Edmond and it seems a natural fit for you since they don't do smithing and H&H covers the South side...

Latest posts

Top Bottom