??? Which 1911 ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is best, and why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just want to know what you guys do that you can just go out and drop $2000+ for a new pistol. I must be in the wrong profession. I would take either

Hah... Same here. I'm a lawyer and my wife is a Doctor and I don't buy $2000 guns. I suppose it centers around priorities. If buying that is your priority then seems reasonable. :patriot:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe I've missed this in the past discussions about what you want, but is this going to be a carried pistol, or occasional shooter?

If it was me, and I was going to be carrying it, I'd go for the Wilson, mainly for reasons stated above. Also, for whatever reason, if you ever had to, it's pretty much "replaceable", where a full custom might not be.

If it's going to be a BBQ rig / occasional shooter, I'd go for a full custom, either new frame/slide or the Colt Delta base. Just to make it more personal. Even if the Wilson is just what you want, there are other like it, where if you have one custom built for you by a smith, then it's much more unique. Personally I'd go custom frame/slide, and see if I could get a custom serial number on the frame. Saw one on GB.com that was "biteme1"

My :twocents:

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I've missed this in the past discussions about what you want, but is this going to be a carried pistol, or occasional shooter?

If it was me, and I was going to be carrying it, I'd go for the Wilson, mainly for reasons stated above. Also, for whatever reason, if you ever had to, it's pretty much "replaceable", where a full custom might not be.

If it's going to be a BBQ rig / occasional shooter, I'd go for a full custom, either new frame/slide or the Colt Delta base. Just to make it more personal. Even if the Wilson is just what you want, there are other like it, where if you have one custom built for you by a smith, then it's much more unique. Personally I'd go custom frame/slide, and see if I could get a custom serial number on the frame. Saw one on GB.com that was "biteme1"

My :twocents:

Probably be used for a little of everything. Carry sometimes, hunting companion sometimes, primary hunting weapon sometimes, maybe even shoot a little USPSA with it. Being that the 10mm is a little rough on 1911s, I don't want to wear it out. But it will definitely be shot regularly, so it will be built using top quality parts.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That Wilson on snipershide is not set up how I would want. It's a nice pistol tho'.
I haven't seen any issues with the new Delta Elite...but I'm interested to hear about them.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with you on the comments about expensive 1911s..... seems nobody bats an eye when someone posts a $2000 AR or Maj Malfunction posts one of his toys. These are handbuilt weapons people. I could only aquire my 1911s through selling several guns I had aquired over the years.

Any problems that people relay with stock Delta elites is moot, a smith that builds it from ground up will ensure it's timing.

Yukon, it's a matter of how long you want to wait. I will say that my Wilsons and Les Baers are very nice, but they don't compare to the gun Greyson built for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom