??? Which 1911 ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is best, and why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how something can be more reliable than 100%? I do know how something can be more accurate than a glock though. :D

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I am a fan of custom 1911's, I will take a Glock in the field over a 1911 every day of the week, and twice on Sunday. By more reliable, I'm referring not only to jams, but how well a gun holds up over time with hot ammo, corrosion resistance, etc.. My money is on the G20. :nutkick:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I am a fan of custom 1911's, I will take a Glock in the field over a 1911 every day of the week, and twice on Sunday. By more reliable, I'm referring not only to jams, but how well a gun holds up over time with hot ammo, corrosion resistance, etc.. My money is on the G20. :nutkick:

Please define....."The field?" Is Yukon heading to Iraq? :D Hey, I drink the glock koolaid too, glocks stand the test of time it seems. Then again.... so have 1911s.

Now considering the military had 1911s with 250K rounds through them and they've made it through a conflict or 10. Call me crazy, but I think the platform can take some abuse. Someone might want to PM Eric Fusion and ask him what he's go through his Wilson... I think it's well in excess of 50K? I've never seen any rust on his gun. Maybe someone can ask J.P. about this Glock rusting on him while he carried it? Honestly, I wouldn't have believed it if he didn't show me.

Finally, here's an individual that has put 18K through his Les Baer in the last few years. Aside from no bluing left on his gun, anyone want to point out how those parts are showing any signs of significant wear?

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=237572

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please define....."The field?" Is Yukon heading to Iraq? :D Hey, I drink the glock koolaid too, glocks stand the test of time it seems. Then again.... so have 1911s.

Now considering the military had 1911s with 250K rounds through them and they've made it through a conflict or 10. Call me crazy, but I think the platform can take some abuse. Someone might want to PM Eric Fusion and ask him what he's go through his Wilson... I think it's well in excess of 50K? I've never seen any rust on his gun. Maybe someone can ask J.P. about this Glock rusting on him while he carried it? Honestly, I wouldn't have believed it if he didn't show me.

Finally, here's an individual that has put 18K through his Les Baer in the last few years. Aside from no bluing left on his gun, anyone want to point out how those parts are showing any signs of significant wear?

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=237572
:rubhands: It's so easy to get the goat of you 1911 fanboys, it's almost not even fair. :D
Maybe someone can ask J.P. about [his] Glock rusting on him while he carried it?
This is because JP is a cyborg; he's not of this world.

With all of that said, you will have "outliers" with any gun, even 1911's. ;) In generalized terms, I believe that Glocks are more reliable than 1911's. I'm not alone in this belief. Again, I love custom 1911's, and even the standards are starting to actually be generally reliable out of the box. I just have more confidence in a Glock than I do 1911's. YMMV

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew that was coming...:laughup:

When someone talks of being in the "field" ...on a computer... it can't be helped. :o

In generalized terms, I believe that Glocks are more reliable than 1911's.

They do go boom nearly everytime.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v146_C5Sam_glock03kaboom.jpg

awww.leverguns.com_articles_taylor_blowup_images_glock4.jpg

a4.bp.blogspot.com__8IcO1ehweFs_Rl40LchyT9I_AAAAAAAAA2o_a63GtBOPfuc_s320_Glock_20_kaboom.jpg

Last one is a G20. :thumbup3:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=993603

Latest posts

Top Bottom