??? Which 1911 ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is best, and why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I think that the 10mm in any 1911 isn't the best thing. A lot of full charge 10mm, like several ten's of thousands of rounds, will shake the heck out of the platform.

Wilson Combat builds very good guns. They use only the best materials in them. I'm carefully spec'd the one Wilson I own, piece by piece; every part is spot on.

Wilson's customer service is legendary. After 25,000 rounds I managed to break the adjustable sight on my Wilson. They sent a new sight n/c immediately upon receipt of the broken one.

Buy the complete gun, built up and running; you'll be better off.

aussieblake

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 10 years ago, I picked up a Colt Delta Gold Cup. I had wanted a 10mm and had never seen one in a Gold Cup so i bought it. Does anyone have experience with one of these?

aussieblake

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't worry about the people who are bitching about the money. I wonder if these people gripe about owning a 3500 squ. foot house as opposed to a 1500 squ. foot house because one is too big?

You get what you pay for with 1911's. I love Colts, especially the Delta Elites, but I between the two, I'd go with the Wilson. My CQB is my favorite handgun that I own, and the last I would ever give up.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
recently purchased a gold cup 1911 in .45 ... seller also had a delta elite.

really happy with how my gold cup shoots.. will be building up my gold cup and doing all my own work. fairly well equipped with a milling machine and lathe.

that said.. if I was buying a custom 1911... I'd probably go with a wilson combat. Eric at OPS has a custom wilson combat spec'd out in 10mm for himself in stock.

go by and see a .40 cal wilson combat 1911 in person at OPS... yes I was drooling on it a few days ago.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yes the custom .40 cal wilson is for sale at OPS... Eric told me if it doesn't sell.. he's taking it home.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I could spare the money, I'd order a 6" long slide 10mm from Fusion tomorrow. Bob Serva is a master 1911 craftsman and loves the 10mm. One of these days a magazine is going to do an article on him and his prices will double, the wait list will quadruple. I've even sat down and listed all the particulars I'd request. Could have exactly what I want for $1400 to $1600.

Latest posts

Top Bottom