which 30 caliber bullet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ksmirk,

I am leaning towards your thinking. Don't want compromise on long range accuracy , but want to save whatever I can so I can shoot more. I am going to burn them sierra 155's (#2156) for the next 1000 or so rounds.

I talked with the folks at sierra about which of their bullets to use in my long barrelled 308 and he had me getting the best performance out of the #2156 if my guns like them.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just have a 26" tube on my 308 as I like to shoot the tactical steel and I'm pushing the 175's at a slow 2650fps, ES is in the single didgits and accuracy is awesome! I'm sure if I could do my part this rifle would for sure put every bullet dang near thru the same hole BUT there's this nut behind the trigger that well has an off day now and again :-)

The guys at Sierra are really helpful, I think I used to talk to a guy named Robert quite often, the thing to do is pick several bullets and just see what your rifle likes and it takes more than a box to figure out powder charge and seating depths. A buddy of mine is having his best luck at range with the 165gr Gamekings so it'll depend more on what your rifle shoots other than what you want to shoot. Later,

Kirk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with trying the amax's.They will usually save you a couple of bucks to. I've also used sierra hpbt gamekings with good succes in 308-30'06, and 300 mag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom