Which "Tactical" Boot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't own any "tactical" boots per say, but I have been wearing plain, US made, size 10 1/2 wide Altima leather combat boots forever. Only boot that really fit my duck feet. No zippers, or fancy webbing. Just plain boots. The average pair last me 2 to 3 years, depending on what I do those three years. I wear them about 80% of the time. If not them, I am barefoot or wearing Tevas. The way I tear them up, a boot with cloth wouldn't last six months.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The lovely and talented Mrs. Jack T got me a pair of "Boot Campaign"Altama boots several years ago. Wore ém every day for a couple years, then replaced them with a pair of Bellville boots. Really pleased with both of those brands. Fine for the summer, and I pair them with heavy wool socks for the winter.

Shodown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had 2 pair of Merrell Moabs and have loved them. They are super comfortable, light and water proof. The first pair lasted me 3 years and I abused the hell out of them.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The boot I was mentioning earlier in the thread was the danner melee. Very good tactical boot. Comfortable and waterproof. Has a gortex lining. They sell them at gelco.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Promiseofwar,

The very best boot I have ever used has been the Vasque Sundowner.

http://www.vasque.com/USD/product/mens-footwear/backpacking/sundowner-gtx-burgundy-7142-07142

In 1991 I purchased my first pair after a long 4 years of humping heavy packs while in the US Army wearing mainly the Army issue jungle boot. It was a major foot experience to change into a light but supportave boot. It may not be tactical looking nor is it even a high 6" boot, its a low light boot, that will last and is perfect if your walking long distances with a pack and need good foot protection, ankle support, and waterproofness.

Just an idea for a great boot. Buy online now but Backwoods up in Edmond at the time really helped me get the correct size and feel for the boot before I bought that first pair.

centraloklahoma

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been very happy with Asolo trail boots. Light, fit my feet well and with the rubber toe cap, they don't get chewed up when grubbing around or riding the 4 wheelers.

I still have my last pair of old school tactical boots- Raichle Leather trail boots. Blackish blue leather, gore tex lined and fit like gloves. I ran a 10k road race in my first pair on a dare. Always fun to piss off other unit leaders during deployments, when they'd demand to know "Who authorized those". Funny, because 8-9 years later, the rest of the Army finally got it right and started issuing/ allowing comfortable, functional footwear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom