Different boots in summer vs winter? Share your favorites...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a pair of these and was shocked. ZERO breakin required. They are the most comfortable leather boots I've ever worn and I tried them all when I was working in shops. I'm completely sold on Thorogood boots now.

O/P I have a pair of Danner 8" East Ridge (no longer made). I love them but wish I had bought the insulated version. Even with wool socks my feet freeze when setting in a blind. That's on me though not the boots.
I have the steel toe version of those for my "real" work boots and a pair of Twisted X low top mocs that are steel toe if I get to go out with my shiny lid and just inspect/supervise.

The leather on the Thoroughgoods felt pre-broken in. I did have to swap insoles around to find some that fit my flat foot a little better but that was only apparent when walking through loose gravel and standing for long periods of time. Theyve held up like a tank too.

RidgeRunner45-70

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was still clumbin‘ poles, I wore Wescos. Over 44 years I had four pair the first three were each rebuilt twice, and the last pair I got were only worn a year when I retired so they have a couple rebuilds left in them. They are the most comfortable boot I have ever owned. I still wear them nearly every day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom