Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today's watch is a gift from my wife just this past Christmas. A Tissot PRX T-Classic Quartz Green Dial T1374101109100. My fat wrist needs an extra link for it, but I have so far been UN-able to find one.

View attachment 340736
I own a PRX and have 8.25" wrists. I ended up having the dealer get me an extra link from the factory. I'd suggest going to Huntington Fine Jewelers. They are a Tissot dealer and can order them through their rep.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The chronograph will be thicker than the standard PRX. Keep that in mind when considering sizing. It will probably require an additional link over the standard automatic.

I figured. Seems I either need a "long" or "XL" when it comes to leather, and a few extra links when it comes to steel bands. Although @coolhandluke has given me some options too. All you boys have been helpful for sure.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I figured. Seems I either need a "long" or "XL" when it comes to leather, and a few extra links when it comes to steel bands. Although @coolhandluke has given me some options too. All you boys have been helpful for sure.
I have the same problem with straps. I always have to get a link or an XL strap. Very few watches fit me out of the box, but there have been a few exceptions. Most Seiko steel bracelets that come on new watches fit me fine, and there are a couple that I even had to remove links. Longines also are very generous with their factory lengths.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hamilton Intra-matic on a Haveston M-1918 canvas single pass strap...

20230120_121541.jpg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing super fancy today. Citizen eco-drive watch in green. I suppose titanium is sort of fancy, this is probably the best value you’ll ever find for a titanium watch though. Eco-drives are just fantastic. I love mechanical watches, but there’s something to be said about these eco-drive watches. They recharge via sunlight, or any other light source for that matter, and you probably won’t have to touch it for 25 years. I did put a different strap on this one though.

9628A98A-A493-4B0A-8389-F71D4E6DE7B9.jpeg

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing super fancy today. Citizen eco-drive watch in green. I suppose titanium is sort of fancy, this is probably the best value you’ll ever find for a titanium watch though. Eco-drives are just fantastic. I love mechanical watches, but there’s something to be said about these eco-drive watches. They recharge via sunlight, or any other light source for that matter, and you probably won’t have to touch it for 25 years. I did put a different strap on this one though.

View attachment 340836

I'm a huge fan of those Citizen titanium field watches. A Ray Mears version is definitely on my wish list.

Latest posts

Top Bottom