Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious, but how many of those type actually have a real Rolex and not a fake? I've met a few that who wore it in a way they made sure you knew, but couldn't tell you squat about it.

The few friends I have that own them, know more about it than I do and I'm a watch junkie. Kidna like a dude and his hotrod

I knew a couple guys that got Folexes in Korea. Not bs ones either but the ones that cost like $500+. You can't tell the difference. Korea's where you go to get the good stuff. They even fooled Rolex AD and horologists...they have to be opened up to see . They all have Seiko movements in them (IDK which one tho).

There are legit replica sites online that have some seriously real looking Folexes but they are replicas, they state they are, and they don't pass them off as real. That's a whole culture of people that collect replica luxury watches.

Now over here, if they're getting them from an AD or a legit reseller like Bob's or Beckertime or Watches etc, they're real. If they're getting fakes in the US and flaunting them, then they deserve an asswhoopin. lol

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you step on a Lego 😂

That might be the sexiest GMT on the planet.

It's the 2.0 version, if you will, of the original GMT-Master 16750. The one that Thomas Magnum had in the Magnum p.i. TV show. His belonged to his father who was a navy pilot. He was shot down in Korea and Thomas got his watch when his father's remains and personal effects were broght home.

The episode that tells all about it is "Home From the Sea" season 4 episode 1.

4_1_o_full.jpg

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's the 2.0 version, if you will, of the original GMT-Master 16750. The one that Thomas Magnum had in the Magnum p.i. TV show. His belonged to his father who was a navy pilot. He was shot down in Korea and Thomas got his watch when his father's remains and personal effects were broght home.

The episode that tells all about it is "Home From the Sea" season 4 episode 1.

View attachment 345755
Similar story in The Terminal List. Thomas Magnum was a big influence on Jack Carr too.

I've always wanted a Rolex because of Thomas Magnum and a Tag because of Marion Cobretti

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll say my experiences reflect exactly what @coolhandluke relayed about a majority of Rolex owners. To no fault of the brand, well kinda, but honestly, it is like he said. Which is kind of why I referenced Wilson Combat earlier, high quality, but a lot of the owners buy them for show.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That dial is so simple and elegant it's perfect!

+1...there's a ton of hate out there for the dial saying that it's too plain. I fell in love with it at first sight. I tend to gravitate towards the vintage and military/ field inspired models though. It's a great reissue of a 7995 (shown below) in just the perfect size.

ZgkkgL.jpg

Here's a better shot of the watch from another owner of a 2022 Ranger.

download.jpeg-33.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom