Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll say my experiences reflect exactly what @coolhandluke relayed about a majority of Rolex owners. To no fault of the brand, well kinda, but honestly, it is like he said. Which is kind of why I referenced Wilson Combat earlier, high quality, but a lot of the owners buy them for show.

Yeah, I'll agree, to a certain extent. I've always wanted a Rolex, but I know I'll never own one. I kid my wife about how if she dies first, then I will take her life insurance and buy a Rolex and just toss her corpse in the ditch.

It is a status symbol, kinda. They are tough and awesome timepieces, but a $200 Seiko would probably do just as good.

Of course, it may be my ass talking, because I've never owned one. A Hi-Point will kill you just as dead as a $2K Les Baer too.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1...there's a ton of hate out there for the dial saying that it's too plain. I fell in love with it at first sight. I tend to gravitate towards the vintage and military/ field inspired models though. It's a great reissue of a 7995 (shown below) in just the perfect size.

View attachment 345761

Here's a better shot of the watch from another owner of a 2022 Ranger.

View attachment 345762
thats a good lookin watch

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1...there's a ton of hate out there for the dial saying that it's too plain. I fell in love with it at first sight. I tend to gravitate towards the vintage and military/ field inspired models though. It's a great reissue of a 7995 (shown below) in just the perfect size.

View attachment 345761

Here's a better shot of the watch from another owner of a 2022 Ranger.

View attachment 345762
After all that rolex talk, you have married the sister. I see what you are doing….

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I'll say my experiences reflect exactly what @coolhandluke relayed about a majority of Rolex owners. To no fault of the brand, well kinda, but honestly, it is like he said. Which is kind of why I referenced Wilson Combat earlier, high quality, but a lot of the owners buy them for show.
Yeah nah, I get it completely. Although I might disagree as a disparaging argument, I also am coming from a completely different POV.
I have WC rifles and one WC pistol, and now have a Staccato-TY @rockchalk06 , and LT rifles out the wazoo, and I wear them TF out. I am not afraid to F up a gun whether it's $400 or $4000. It will run like mad max or it'll fail. It's hard for me to fathom that someone will buy a $2K or more gun and shoot it three times ever. Why get it?

I've cleaned more clay and dirt out of that watch and my other'n than I have out of my SXK009 that my wife got me in 03. Simply because they are good high-end tools that I have no issue wearing out. If they can't pass muster, then I'll get something else and so far, they are running tops.

As far as @coolhandluke , I'm glad you got that Tudor because I was scrounging $$. It was another "whew" moment.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah nah, I get it completely. Although I might disagree as a disparaging argument, I also am coming from a completely different POV.
I have WC rifles and one WC pistol, and now have a Staccato-TY @rockchalk06 , and LT rifles out the wazoo, and I wear them TF out. I am not afraid to F up a gun whether it's $400 or $4000. It will run like mad max or it'll fail. It's hard for me to fathom that someone will buy a $2K or more gun and shoot it three times ever. Why get it?

I've cleaned more clay and dirt out of that watch and my other'n than I have out of my SXK009 that my wife got me in 03. Simply because they are good high-end tools that I have no issue wearing out. If they can't pass muster, then I'll get something else and so far, they are running tops.

As far as @coolhandluke , I'm glad you got that Tudor because I was scrounging $$. It was another "whew" moment.

I'm with you there, and definitely agree with actually using expensive tools. Just saying most Rolex owners won't do that from my experiences.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A young yuppie finally gets delivery of his brand new BMW, and he is so excited, he can't wait to show it off. So he goes to his girlfriend's office to pick her up and take her to lunch in his brand new BMW.

He parallel parks the car and excitedly throws the door open... into traffic... and a truck that is going too fast and too close to the parked cars hits the car door and sends it AND the young yuppies arm rolling down the street.

The truck driver slams on the brakes, jumps out of his truck and runs back toward the young yuppie yelling, "Are you okay? Are you okay??"

The young yuppie looks at his car and starts screaming... "My BMW! My BMW!!!"

The truck driver yells at him, "Man... forget about your car... look at your ARM!!"

The young yuppie looks down where his arm used to be and starts yelling, "My ROLEX! My ROLEX!!!"

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Different day, different watch.

watcg.jpg

I could buy a Rolex, but what for?

And why are you guys all wearing your watch on the wrong arm? :rollingla

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom