Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No wrist shot today, but I just finished ordering a new watch box from Deferichs. I went with the solid top version (no glass), with no monogram plaque, and velvet pillows. It will have a few extra spaces for watches and two spare drawers for Bergeon screwdrivers and other tools. I'll likely be posting my current Holme & Hadfield watch box and matching valet for sale as soon as this one comes in.

https://www.deferichs.com/three-drawer-watch-box-for-16-watches/#product-description

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doxa Sub 750T Professional GMT

20230222_091419.jpg

Compressor Case
316L Stainless
Saphire Crystal
Swiss ETA 2636 GMT Movement
Grains of Rice Bracelet (have orange rubber strap as well)
750 Meter Water Resistance
Great Lume
Internal and External Rotating Bezels

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kudos to her for knowing how to tell time with a traditional watch. That's awesome! My 12 year old grandson can't tell you what time it is unless he's looking at a digital.
Very interesting you bring that up. I read an article last year regarding analogue wristwatches and it is not a skill that is taught much. What was interesting the article tied analogue watches to gauges, like your speedometer, tach and pressure gauges on a car. Analogue gauges are preferred, and the data is interpreted faster by one's brain than digital displays.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s something really special today. At least I think it is. Today’s the first day wearing my rebuilt November 1972 Seiko 6139–6005 - a.k.a. ‘Pogue’.

Colonel William R. Pogue wore the same model watch during the NASA Skylab 4 mission from November 16, 1973, to February 8, 1974, making it the first automatic chronograph to be worn in space. There are several other models that look very similar and have the same color scheme, but this is the exact model worn by Colonel Pogue. I always wanted to have one in the collection, and picked up a legit original a few months ago as a non-runner. This is the watch I’m doing my first rebuild series with on YouTube. I finished the work last night, and will begin video editing the repair and assembly process this week. I already uploaded the disassembly video a few days ago (first ever watch repair video) and to my surprise it’s already got 1100 views. I couldn’t resist wearing it out today!

B6C771DD-1607-4C4E-BB35-E6B01345E979.jpeg

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here’s something really special today. At least I think it is. Today’s the first day wearing my rebuilt November 1972 Seiko 6139–6005 - a.k.a. ‘Pogue’.

Colonel William R. Pogue wore the same model watch during the NASA Skylab 4 mission from November 16, 1973, to February 8, 1974, making it the first automatic chronograph to be worn in space. There are several other models that look very similar and have the same color scheme, but this is the exact model worn by Colonel Pogue. I always wanted to have one in the collection, and picked up a legit original a few months ago as a non-runner. This is the watch I’m doing my first rebuild series with on YouTube. I finished the work last night, and will begin video editing the repair and assembly process this week. I already uploaded the disassembly video a few days ago (first ever watch repair video) and to my surprise it’s already got 1100 views. I couldn’t resist wearing it out today!

View attachment 351303
Link?

Latest posts

Top Bottom