Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmerrill

It makes sense if you don't think about it.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s something really special today. At least I think it is. Today’s the first day wearing my rebuilt November 1972 Seiko 6139–6005 - a.k.a. ‘Pogue’.

Colonel William R. Pogue wore the same model watch during the NASA Skylab 4 mission from November 16, 1973, to February 8, 1974, making it the first automatic chronograph to be worn in space. There are several other models that look very similar and have the same color scheme, but this is the exact model worn by Colonel Pogue. I always wanted to have one in the collection, and picked up a legit original a few months ago as a non-runner. This is the watch I’m doing my first rebuild series with on YouTube. I finished the work last night, and will begin video editing the repair and assembly process this week. I already uploaded the disassembly video a few days ago (first ever watch repair video) and to my surprise it’s already got 1100 views. I couldn’t resist wearing it out today!

View attachment 351303
Here’s something really special today. At least I think it is. Today’s the first day wearing my rebuilt November 1972 Seiko 6139–6005 - a.k.a. ‘Pogue’.

Colonel William R. Pogue wore the same model watch during the NASA Skylab 4 mission from November 16, 1973, to February 8, 1974, making it the first automatic chronograph to be worn in space. There are several other models that look very similar and have the same color scheme, but this is the exact model worn by Colonel Pogue. I always wanted to have one in the collection, and picked up a legit original a few months ago as a non-runner. This is the watch I’m doing my first rebuild series with on YouTube. I finished the work last night, and will begin video editing the repair and assembly process this week. I already uploaded the disassembly video a few days ago (first ever watch repair video) and to my surprise it’s already got 1100 views. I couldn’t resist wearing it out today!

View attachment 351303
Awesome looking watch Adam. I was bidding on one exactly like it on eBay a couple of weeks ago. Got a little too high for my comfort not knowing how good the mechanics were. If you ever decide to cull this one I call first dibs!

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scuba today
20230222_175454.jpg

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a really nice watch.

Thanks Adam. It's definitely one of Hamilton's better quality watches. It carries an H-31 movement, which I believe is based on a Valjoux 7753. The date set plunger is an interesting/ quirky feature. I finally got around to sizing and installing the bracelet. The clasp had some desk diving marks from the previous owner, but a Bergeon fiberglass scratch pen made it look new again.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kudos to her for knowing how to tell time with a traditional watch. That's awesome! My 12 year old grandson can't tell you what time it is unless he's looking at a digital.

She's learning so she's not 100% there, however she has wanted to wear a "clock watch" to preK because she wants to be like me. :D She did see my Casio so she's curious about that one now, but not buying her a digital until she learns analog.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She's learning so she's not 100% there, however she has wanted to wear a "clock watch" to preK because she wants to be like me. :D She did see my Casio so she's curious about that one now, but not buying her a digital until she learns analog.

Good for you. My oldest daughter never cared for watches, but my youngest always wore one (still does) to "be like me" as well. She always wore an analog from the time she was around 8 years old until (she's 24 now) until just recently, since she went to an Apple watch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom