Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Later tonight filming will begin on the next project. This one is going to be a deep dive. Tons of parts, lots of problems, but it should be freaking awesome when everything is said and done. This one has the same movement as the Bullhead that was rebuilt for @dennishoddy. Rather than just looking at the photos I uploaded for his, now he’ll be able to see a full video breakdown of what’s in his watch. I can’t wait to get this one started!

19FA2515-76DC-41FF-9B47-B7F462B5CFA6.jpeg

Last edited:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stopped by Huntington yesterday to look at the 35mm quartz PRX with the wife yesterday. Unfortunately, the light blue dial is more periwinkle than ice blue colored and she wasn't a fan. She did snag an inexpensive, but nice looking quartz Seiko with a green tapestry dial and hardlex crystal though. Found a photo of the watch on Google...

View attachment 358161

I haven't paid much attention to Tissot until lately, but this green dial Gentleman Powermatic 80 Silicium caught my eye. Didn't try it on though.

View attachment 358162
Nice grab on that Seiko. I’ll vouch for the Tissot Gentleman. I own an automatic in the anthracite dial, I bought another automatic in the green dial you showed above for a good friend of mine. He and his wife just had twins (first kids), and that was his congratulatory gift. Somebody else I know has the blue quartz, and it is super nice also. The automatic is pretty thin on those, but that quartz Gentleman is super thin. Very wearable.

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Working from home and not being a very sociable type of person, this is the watch I wear most of the time. I only wear one when I'm out and about and pretty much the only time I do that these days is to go to the gym and I don't wear a watch for that.

View attachment 357114
Beautiful

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Later tonight filming will begin on the next project. This one is going to be a deep dive. Tons of parts, lots of problems, but it should be freaking awesome when everything is said and done. This one has the same movement as @dennishoddy’s watch. Rather than just looking at the photos I uploaded for his, now he’ll be able to see a full video breakdown of what’s in his watch. I can’t wait to get this one started!

View attachment 358246

One of my all time favorites right there. Can't wait to see it finished.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Right on cue. I just ordered three more Erika's Originals MN straps to use with the Ranger...Havana (dark brown), Sahara (khaki tan), and Burgundy straps. All have sand colored center lines and stitching, which should match the vintage cream colored hands and indices on the watch. I'm most excited about the burgundy strap like the one in the photos below. It looks like it will match the dark red color on the second hand of the Ranger well. I'm still waiting on someone here to give an Erika's MN strap a try. These will be my 11th, 12th, and 13th straps from her.

download.jpeg-45.jpg

download.jpeg-44.jpg

BTW @dlbleak, the leather straps from Berfine seem to be above average quality for their price. I just received the dark brown version of the strap in the first link below and have ordered the strap in the second link before. Unfortunately, the most recent strap is a touch too long for me on the smallest setting. My wrist is only 6.5", so it shouldn't be an issue for most.

https://www.amazon.com/Berfine-Handmade-Release-Vintage-Replacement/dp/B091JLJR8S?ref_=ast_sto_dp
https://www.amazon.com/Berfine-Rele...ment/dp/B07MYN9BJY?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom