Which whiskey?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like Michael Collins single malt Irish whiskey. It's as good or better than some nice Scotches that cost a lot more. It recently won some award for best whiskey. I think it's $30-35 a bottle.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All, thanks again for all the help. I went to the liquor store after the gym tonight but didn't have my iPad to review all the recommendations. I almost got the Blanton's but ended up with a bottle of The Dalmore 18 Year. A bit pricey but the guy helping me said it was a great drink. Bottle is pretty sweet too. Thanks guys and Ms BB.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All, thanks again for all the help. I went to the liquor store after the gym tonight but didn't have my iPad to review all the recommendations. I almost got the Blanton's but ended up with a bottle of The Dalmore 18 Year. A bit pricey but the guy helping me said it was a great drink. Bottle is pretty sweet too. Thanks guys and Ms BB.

I saw Dalmore and almost cringed until I saw 18. The 18 is definitely a good choice, but the 12 hasn't aged enough.

Scotch whisky is generally more expensive than Irish or Canadian whiskey or Bourbon. But it's always better in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A question for those who might know: What does Johnnie Walker Blue taste like?

Most of my whiskey drinking has been Canadian type brands such as Crown Royal, but a friend of mine 'strongly' suggested I try blue if given an opportunity, which one might be coming up. So, if anyone could enlighten me as to how it compares, I'd appreciate it.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jameson's Gold 12 year old. Very smooth and about $70 a bottle.

I am a big Jameson fan it is the only adult beverage I drink, my uncle gave me a bottle of Jameson vintage for Christmas and there is nothing better in my opinion unfortunately the cost is over 200.00 a bottle but damn it's good.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mike_60...
J.W.Blue...is nice, but for the price and sticking with the J.W. products I'd take green or gold...maybe even platinum over it. Remember it is a blended product. Personally, if you're at a bar that serves it, try it. You have to decide on the outcome, some will love it and others will think it's okay...you know the old bell curve.

Prestige is the blue label, but heck, to my palate or tounge, the others are just as good. There will be others to rebuke what I've stated. Oh well...try it.

Remember, I'm an American Bourbon and Whiskey drinker. I detest Scotch, so my opinion might just be a little biased.

Just my 2cents.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom