Who carries a Glock loaded with one in the chamber?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a safety on trigger, it will not fire unless depressed with the trigger. I carry chambered all the time. Like said before, make sure the trigger is covered and you should be fine.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see no reason whatsoever to carry chamber empty with any modern combat sidearm. They all have numerous safety features that make them perfectly safe to carry chamber loaded. I would suggest that it's not the lack of an external manual safety beyond the one on the trigger that concerns you, but lack of confidence in your ability to safely manipulate the gun that's the issue. Take a defensive pistol class from TDSA or USSA and your confidence will soar, as will your skills with the gun.
+1
I carry a Glock in condition one all the time. To each his own and if additional manual safeties make you feel better, go with it but Glock has 3 safeties. If you keep the trigger covered and your finger off the trigger until ready to fire, it won't go off.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first couple of months I carried with an empty chamber. Ever so often, I would check and see if the action had fired. After that I have carried on a loaded chamber.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see no reason whatsoever to carry chamber empty with any modern combat sidearm. They all have numerous safety features that make them perfectly safe to carry chamber loaded. I would suggest that it's not the lack of an external manual safety beyond the one on the trigger that concerns you, but lack of confidence in your ability to safely manipulate the gun that's the issue. Take a defensive pistol class from TDSA or USSA and your confidence will soar, as will your skills with the gun.

Great comment. I would also suggest after taking a class like TDSA (great btw) or USSA that you shoot in some local pistol matches. This will also get you comfortable in handling and running your gun, plus some stress of the buzzer and competition thrown in.

Lots of friendly and helpful folks at the matches to help get going there too!

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use to worry about the same thing. For a long time my g26 sat in the safe while I carried other handguns with safety's. Then I bought a decent hybrid holster, now my g26 is by my side 24/7(when I'm on my property, a good holster makes a world of difference.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

and that sums it up folks....

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Well said. I have even heard that some people who have other handguns besides Glocks, that do have the traditional manual safety, actually have been known to also carry those properly holstered firearms with one in the chamber and the safety if the "fire" position.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not comfortable carrying a Glock, so I don't own one. I'd rather have a Springfield with a grip safety if I'm going to carry a fullsize handgun. I currently carry a DAO pistol with a long trigger pull. Feels very safe to me. That's why they make and sell so many different pistol designs.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

+5

Latest posts

Top Bottom