Who doesn't need a hunting license?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom's Thumb

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My father in law has deer on his property. Does he need a hunting license to hunt his own property?

How about my wife? His daughter? Does she need a license to hunt?

Finally, what about me? Does a son in law need a license to hunt his property?

$$$$$

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be curious to know the answer to this also. I have always agreed with what Mark just said but I have recently heard otherwise from a couple different people that family can hunt without having all the licenses required by others. I also can't find a clear expanation in the regulation guide. It probably states it more clearly on the website or I guess one could call a game warden and ask him where the line is drawn.

JW/OK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After looking in the FAQ's, it appears I was wrong about the hunting license. You have to reside on the property to be exempt.

It appears that landowners children all the way down to grandchildrens spouses are exempt from the fishing license on Dad's or Grandpa's property.

Mark Munkres

Marksman
Reaction score
I don't think if you are owner of the property you have to reside on it. I think by resident they mean resident of the state.

I'm wondering if a wife would be exempt whether their name were on the deed for the land or not. I'll have to ask my game warden friend next time I see him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom