Who else has done this? Be honest!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cooljeff said:
You got it buddy! $100 and this custom beauty is yours! And remember I am giving you the "buddy" discount! It's good to have friends right????

And after you buy this I have a custom hi-point with gray flames on the slide I will sell you for $500! Again, "buddy" pricing! Cause i'm just a good friend.

And stop picking on my hi point. Love that gun.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks good.

Professionals use what they call a "hot knife". It's basically just a piece of wire that's all 'lectrocuted so it burns through the foam.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
druryj said:
Yeah, that custom, flamed hi point looks good on you; I wish I had gotten one of those beauties instead of that ugly CZ I got stuck with.

I know right!! And the trigger is so much better on the hi point.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya done good. I did the same thing for multiple camera bodies and lenses back in the 70's.

A guy I know even made his own version of a hot knife so he could do it for his guns.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HMFIC said:
Looks good.

Professionals use what they call a "hot knife". It's basically just a piece of wire that's all 'lectrocuted so it burns through the foam.

Thanks, I never heard of the got knife method. I would have done that had I known. Lol. It probably would make the lines look much smoother than mine came out. My cuts look decent, but still some rough cuts on the corners and edges. I used a small pair of scissors to trim then after it was removed. Oh well,, it works good, so I'll keep it.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, I never heard of the got knife method. I would have done that had I known. Lol. It probably would make the lines look much smoother than mine came out. My cuts look decent, but still some rough cuts on the corners and edges. I used a small pair of scissors to trim then after it was removed. Oh well,, it works good, so I'll keep it.

Yup. Youtube hotknife home made or something and you'll see how people make their own really cheap and easy. They work wonders. Yours looks good though but a hotknife will make it so much easier if you decide to do it again or make something larger. Works on foam board too.

D

Doc Holiday

Bought this empty Walther case at a gun show for $5, and customized it for my Glock 32. It already had a slit there on the left for some sort of grip attachment, so I stuck a knife in there. I think a gun lock went in that slot on the upper right, where the extra ammo now sits. Maybe I went a little too far when I cut a slot for a sideways displayed round.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom