Who has considered or actually changed political parties over the past couple years?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If voters who refused to affiliate with D or R were allowed to vote in primary elections, I'd go independent. Since the eleciton laws in OK are rigged to support the D/R machine, I'll have to stick with R, even though they no longer effectively represent me. :(

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If voters who refused to affiliate with D or R were allowed to vote in primary elections, I'd go independent. Since the eleciton laws in OK are rigged to support the D/R machine, I'll have to stick with R, even though they no longer effectively represent me. :(

Is there someone that knows where to easily, or even could post up, voting rules as such. I always "heard" that independants can vote in either primary, but never looked into it. No side represents me, either. I am a registered "D", but haven't been in agreement with them for the past 10+ years, just never changed with as much as I have moved. I'm definitely more "R" than "D" these days though.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there someone that knows where to easily, or even could post up, voting rules as such. I always "heard" that independants can vote in either primary, but never looked into it.

Oklahoma holds "Closed" primaries...as it should be IMHO.

Here's a link to the OK state election board website. The FAQ section might help.

http://www.ok.gov/elections/

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma holds "Closed" primaries...as it should be IMHO.

Here's a link to the OK state election board website. The FAQ section might help.

http://www.ok.gov/elections/

I would support closed primaries, but only if the cost of said elections was 100% born by the parties participating. No pubic funds whatsoever should be used for closed elections. Further, no closed primary result should ever be used to fill an elected office. If running unopposed, there should be an up or down general election vote held for the applicant. :(

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After what the Republicrats pulled on Ron Paul at the last convention, I realized they had left me. I changed my registration. I wrote down Libertarian, and my registration card came back saying "Independent". I love this state, but that is my biggest complaint about it, we are totally in bed with the parties.

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still registered R, but I told them the 12 times they called not to call me anymore and they wouldn't get another dime until they got their house in order.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went from apathetic/uninvolved to active Democrat between the 2012 Republican primaries and now. I don't like the current Democratic party, but I view it as the only defense against the insanity the GOP has become. I can elaborate on several issues that directly affect me later if you'd like.

Before you make a snarky comment, just remember that the GOP came pretty damn close to putting a guy in the White House who believes Christ is coming back (part-time) to the outskirts of Kansas City, Missouri based on the word of a 24-year old known con man and who peddled a bicycle around Southern France in a cheap suit during the height of the Vietnam war and whose wife compared it to the service of thousands of men and women killed and injured in Vietnam and the Middle East and once tried to humanize her husband by telling America he was sad when she had a serious disease.

The GOP should have been thrown out with the bathwater when they elected a guy who once co-starred with a Chimpanzee in a comedic film titled "Bedtime for Bonzo" to the highest office in the land. Twice. Ya'll need to throw some actual men in the running for me to take you seriously. I thought liberals were supposed to be the pusssies?

Latest posts

Top Bottom