Who's drinkin' what this weekend??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, I am out of my favorite scotch right now ...

So, I too, am drinking vodka and lemonade. (But I am not at the fair. Carnies scare me more than clowns ... Ekkk ...)

The old Hurricane. I have drank way too many of those in my day. The cranberry keeps me from having the heartburn like the lemonade gives me.

I find that interesting that you enjoy a good Scotch whiskey BB. I just havent aquired a taste for it. I have been tempted to buy a couple of bottles and make myelf experience the flavors. I really like the Irish whiskeys.

What kinds of Scotch do you enjoy?

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I did a data recovery job this week and I got paid in Maker's Mark so I'm drinking that.

This will be a welcome change from the Old Crow I've been choking down.

I am getting ready to do a fairly expensive job for a guy that owns a liquor store. I made up a list that retails for about $1000.00 to trade for along with some money. My wife asked me if I was crazy? I said no we spend some money on liquor every yr , so why not get 1 or 2 yrs worth in one swoop.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The old Hurricane. I have drank way too many of those in my day. The cranberry keeps me from having the heartburn like the lemonade gives me.

I find that interesting that you enjoy a good Scotch whiskey BB. I just havent aquired a taste for it. I have been tempted to buy a couple of bottles and make myelf experience the flavors. I really like the Irish whiskeys.

What kinds of Scotch do you enjoy?

Macallan ... neat of course. With a little Marvin Gaye ... Any place with Macallan and Marvin is paradise ...

I was a biker b**** and a bartender before GC saved me from a life of degradation and crime. Those JBTs are something ... LOL

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bruno,

The Famous Grouse and Dewars are also good starter scotches. The Mac is some good stuff tho.

I was a Dewars drinker but once I got a taste of Macallan there was no going back. Throw in a decent cigar (which is an absolute no-no now -- GC would never let me out of the closet) and life would be perfect. :D

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If you're going to drink Dewar's, save some money and mix sheep piss and kerosene and bottle it. Same thing.

Glenmorangie 18-year is what made me quit drinking Scotch. It was too expensive, and it tasted so good I went through it really fast.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're going to drink Dewar's, save some money and mix sheep piss and kerosene and bottle it. Same thing.

Glenmorangie 18-year is what made me quit drinking Scotch. It was too expensive, and it tasted so good I went through it really fast.

True that, but new scotch drinkers raised on blended whiskys often do not like single malts because of the heavy peat taste. I like several of the single malts, but some of the blends, like the Grouse and some of the Walkers, are also good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom