Why ask for pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think a person should ask for pictures without saying weather they want to trade or buy first

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I pandered to the audience and said the Glock was new in box. I have a confession to make, I'm a frecikn fraud!!! I don't own a Glock 17 I don't even own a Glock 16 or 15.
I'm just saying, for cripes sakes, if I say I want to trade X for Y then what keeps a man from saying ...OH BOY, I SURE WOULD LIKE TO MAKE THAT TRADE...SEND ME SOME PICS and oh by the way sir, would you mind if I looked the fire weapon over really good before I'm for sure.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because even if someone says it's "stock" it may not be..... they may be unaware of a mod and believe it's stock. In the same sense I've seen SEVERAL "Custom" 1911s posted on this board that had maybe some grips and a few small parts switched out. Don't call that custom. Point is you never can tell.
Well then, if they are unaware they are stupid asses and need to gtfo

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because everyone's perspective is different. Your mint condition may not be the same as mine, and you know as well as I do you have some people who have no idea what they have. The guy your trading with may not know you, so how does he or she know if you actually know what stock is?

AKJ20

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because even if someone says it's "stock" it may not be..... they may be unaware of a mod and believe it's stock. In the same sense I've seen SEVERAL "Custom" 1911s posted on this board that had maybe some grips and a few small parts switched out. Don't call that custom. Point is you never can tell.

I have sig sauer stx. Its a factory gun, but built by sig sauer's custom shop.

So its factory custom gun ! lol

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because everyone's perspective is different. Your mint condition may not be the same as mine, and you know as well as I do you have some people who have no idea what they have. The guy your trading with may not know you, so how does he or she know if you actually know what stock is?
OK, I'll concede to that but could people just tell me if they want to trade or not before I have to send them pictures and then when I do send them pictures of a gun that has absolutely no scratches why do they back out. Its like this guy I waited a week Sat-Sat then he said he would be by after the gun show. He showed up and looked at the gun then told me he spent too much money at the gun show...dick move.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It might be best for to just take your items to your local gun store and have them sell for you on consignment. Not everyone is cut out for sales jobs.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think anytime you expect people to act just like you, or think just like you, you are asking to be disappointed. Asking for a picture is normal stuff and expecting them to make deals on a firearm without even seeing a photo of the firearm is silly. I wouldn't do it. As for people being noncommittal, you better get used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom