Why do people in the gun community belittle newcomers to forums?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Peanut, you're right, too often members who probably less knowledgable than the newbie feel the need to feel superior.

Edgar, you don't have to be a right wing fanatic to own firearms, hell some moderates may be embarrassed that you are a firearm owner...

benjamin, get over yourself, it's the internet, if you can't tolerate opinions that differ from yours find a forum that fits your needs rather than sticking around and complaining.

Shoot Summ, I have my big boy panties on.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some might see it that way. When I was in the service it was a SOP to give the new guy a hard time, guess some just can't handle it.

This isn't the service. It's a discussion forum open to the public. You have no idea who's behind the keyboard on the other end. Man, woman, child, they could be anyone. What's the point in intentionally taking the chance of making them feel uncomfortable? A little common sense goes a long way.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tolerance, and familiarity, breed contempt. Human nature. Those who preach tolerance are the most intolerant. A lack of response works best.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's much more difficult trying to dodge the liberal PC tolerance police here.

What did I do? When did I say only Republicans should have guns? How come only Republicans get called fanatics? lol

Well, you criticize liberals, and I referred to you as a fanatic because I felt that "nut job" would offend you. I guess that some of that PC stuff kicked in.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the point of the OP:
The firearms community needs as many enthusiastic members as possible.

You have a relatively few people who think that beating someone else down is the same thing as elevating themselves up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom