Why do people pick specific calibers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Time between shots...shot-to-shot time. I can fire 9's faster on target vs. .40 on the same number of shots. Generally this is due to lower recoil, but can be affected by other factors as well such as bore axis, bullet weight, power factor, grip angle, trigger weight, etc. For example, I generally can run 9x19 in .2-.25 seconds between quick shots. .40 is closer to .3-.35. Hope this helps.

HMM saw a deal on 3-gun nation, maybe it was something else..anyway, it was about using the recoil to move to the next shot...2shots-2shots-2shots...culmination was doesnt matter what youRe shootin, its using the recoil to move to next target.

Dont you get a...deduction for using ..light guns?

He was using a new ruger so it might have been..Guntalk?

underpar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After all the hub bub post SH, I've standardized everything. Have both a rifle and pistol in same caliber. 22lr, 9mm, and 44 mag. Exception, the trusted 30-30 and a 12 gauge.

I will say that I have collected a fair amount of weapons but if they aren't listed in the group above, they can be left behind if we gotta boogie!

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm consolidating some. I've been hunting with a Contender in 7-30 Waters and had a plinking/defense rifle in 7.62X39. But, I've now rebarreled the Contender and am replacing the rifle, both chambered for 6.8 SPC. As for handguns, I'm going to replace my 9mm CCW with a revolver and will then consolidate all my handguns to .38/.357. This should make reloading cheaper and easier.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried to consolidate after this ammo scare, just counted what I could think of off the top of my head and I'm still over 20 different calibers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom