Why do we continue to elect politicians who do not support Constitutional Carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We continue to elect a majority of politicians on both sides of the aisle that DO NOT support Constitutional Carry. Only four states permit CC and there is no big movement to restore our Constitutional rights to full Constitutional Carry. I've heard it said that Oklahoma is years away from enacting CC and I wonder if we really have that much more time.

Why do Americans continue to elect politicians who do not openly and notoriously support CC?

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I vote for the person most in tune with my beliefs. While I am an avid supporter of open and constitutional carry, it is not the only thing that I base my vote on. Unfortunately, here in OK we don't have a lot of options, and when you look at those running to fill the seats at the federal level I don't think I saw anyone who outright supported CC.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree with the previous two posters.

There are dozens of issues that are important to me.

That's like saying you'd vote for someone that's pro-open carry, but wants to make hunting illegal. Would you vote for them?

Last edited:

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm focused on only one issue, the Constitution. Defending it is a passion of mine as the final result is whether or not we remain free. I tend to square all other issues that are hot topics with the Constitution to determine whether a candidate is worthy of a vote. That list is extremely short.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree that being a one-issue voter is not only impractical, but foolish and I'm not advocating that people support Constitutional carry as a single issue, but is it unreasonable to think that a politician who is a strong supporter of the Second Amendment will support the entire Constitution? Is it likely that a politician who strongly supports Constitutional carry would also support the NDAA, or the UN, Agenda-21 or abortion? It seems to me that many issues come bundled as a package and this is a shooting forum. I would expect an anti-gun forum would support politicians who also support a political bundle that we are likely to oppose.

Show me a Constitutional carry supporter and I'll show you someone I see eye to eye on almost everything else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom