Why do you carry a revolver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a firing pin in a revolver break in 1/2 but they sell those for an easy fix.
Google.
firing pin in revolver broke

Turns up a lot.
I love my revolvers all 357 Magnum but the wife has claimed them all as hers.

My Ruger Security Six circa 1976 probably has ~10,000 flawless rounds through it.

Pepé Le Pew Pew Pew

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

"Why do you carry a revolver?"​

Several reasons but the main reason I personally carry a S&W 686 357 Magnum with a 4 inch barrel is that I am just a cool crazy old f*cker that way...

IMG_1504.JPG

Last edited:

tcruse

Marksman
Reaction score
Several Model 60 Smiths, Model 36 Smiths, Model 642 Smiths, pocket guns ankle guns and coat and car guns what's not to like.

Nothing like a sweet Smith trigger pull or a tuned 1911 trigger.

No need to reload a J frame Smith just carry 2 or 3 of em. Most civilian gun fights only last 2-3 rounds anyway
Certainly, there are few triggers that can complete with the "straight back" 1911/2011 design. I have tried a few revolvers in DA mode and none of them I would consider acceptable. Also, observation at my weekly range trips is that the revolver shooters seem to never have as good (or even acceptable) groups. I suspect the reason is the extra effort and cost to train/practice with a revolver.

tcruse

Marksman
Reaction score
Do you believe the problem was due to the ammo or the gun? I have also had the same problem with a Ruger service 6, but not with a S&W model 19. Problem was due to crappy 38 special reloads.
Yes, bad ammo can cause an issue with any firearm. However, there is a reason why almost no law enforcement agencies issue/recommend revolvers. As for the round count, current news reports show that the typical encounter today is much more likely to be with multiple bad guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom