Why does the Ada Police Department need 27 M-16 assault rifles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm good on the squeaky-clean, but not so much on the deep pockets. I pay more than enough tax already to add an NFA tax to the bill pile.

It's not the tax he is talking about.....a full auto rifle can be upwards $10-15,000.00........actually probably more now.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They don't. But they get to take tax money and buy toys. It's not their money, why not spend it? Sad really.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It pisses me off they can have them but I can't get one. Oh I know I can get a pre 86 one for what now 25k? That's fair. But the police aren't the military. They are civilians like me. And another thing is they probably don't have the ammo budget to practice with auto fire to be effective.

You can have one, save your money.........:tounge2::tounge2:...do you want to shoot mine?

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm surprised at how many of you are against law enforcement carrying "military style weapons"........We are the one protecting your rears every day....The military carries shotguns and handguns too, should we not have them? that is your argument. Sounds like most of you are just a little jealous. I haven't heard one VALID reason.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeez tons of PD's, big and small, have surplus military FA's in their arsenals. Our department did not but most of the surrounding PD's did. They aren't issued for patrol officers unless they are trained and qualified with them as members of SWAT, TAC or similar teams. Would be fun if you could just check one out and blaze away but it doesn't work that way.

These rifles and more are also located in some places you'd never image. I can't say where but they are government related and if you knew you'd understand why if you thought about it. Anywho, I have no problem with it because should the federal government ever turn on the citizens it's good to know there are select fire weapons in the hands of our local state LEO's because they are more likely to fight on the citizens side. Plus, in the event of some crazy situation like the Hollywood shootout I'd prefer the good guys are equally armed.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm surprised at how many of you are against law enforcement carrying "military style weapons"........We are the one protecting your rears every day....The military carries shotguns and handguns too, should we not have them? that is your argument. Sounds like most of you are just a little jealous. I haven't heard one VALID reason.

I am jealous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom