Why does the Ada Police Department need 27 M-16 assault rifles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really don't have a problem with local cops having full auto. Who do you think is going to be on your side when the SHTF? The local sheriffs and townie cops will be far more apt to line up on the side of their townfolk than they will the .gov. Besides, when it really goes down, we will know where to go to get the full auto gear.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do you guys think the police don't need automatic weapons....Remember the L.A. shootout? Better than being outgunned...

I have no problem with LEO having them, but think law-abiding citizens should be able to own them too. We have to face the same bad guys sometimes.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I really don't have a problem with local cops having full auto. Who do you think is going to be on your side when the SHTF? The local sheriffs and townie cops will be far more apt to line up on the side of their townfolk than they will the .gov. Besides, when it really goes down, we will know where to go to get the full auto gear.

I hope you're right. I sure hope you are right. After all, they live in the same neighborhoods, go to the same churches and do all the same stuff as other citizens do. They took the Oath and it is heartening to hear Sheriffs across the county saying they will not obey orders to disarm lawful Americans, should the order for "Mr. and Mrs. America to just hand them over" come down. I would really like to hear more of our local police departments and Sheriff offices openly say they will not use all this weaponry the Federal government is equipping them with will not be used against us.

WillR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It pisses me off they can have them but I can't get one. Oh I know I can get a pre 86 one for what now 25k? That's fair. But the police aren't the military. They are civilians like me. And another thing is they probably don't have the ammo budget to practice with auto fire to be effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom