Why I like the .45ACP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
cant we just love both?

I love my 9mms, more rounds per mag, cheaper ammo for funz.
I would also own a 45acp... that is if one day ruger ever actually pumped up their production of the sr1911 enough, and or everyone else stopped buying them to resale for a profit.... so maybe i could own one some damn day!

I also am very passionate about my duty guns caliber.... 40s&w. speer gold dot bonded jacketed holopoints. mmmmmmm yeah! 15 rounds per mag too.

i find love in every bullet i come across, as long as its not headed down range in my direction.

i also kinda have a fetish for the 5.7.... but that is for another day.. ..

nice pic btw!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've killed several deer with the Kimber in .45acp since it became legal. With proper placement, it kills one just as fast as my 30-06.
Also a bobcat killed with the same gun. Sierra 240 grain HP with a full load of H110, my standard loading.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_PB280292.jpg

Bullet recovered from the Deer.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00262.jpg

Bobcat killed and the bullet recovered. It was shot straight down from a tree stand, so the ground helped the mushroom.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00169.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00256.jpg

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm curious why the 5.7 has your interest. I've heard/read that it has poor terminal performance.

i like the concept, of the round. even though it was not accepted as thought, kinda makes it a 1 off to me, and i respect that.
granted i have only shot the pistol a few times, and have not been able to bring myself to buy one because the costs of the guns and the ammo are just not in the books for right now. i like the concept of a p90 and pistol combo using the same round.

i also like the concept of it being a rifle round even in a pistol, and the ss190 round is a neat idea too, although i must admit i do not know if the pistol barrel is long enough to get the round to its proper velocity, but the idea that the round is intended to penetrate body armor makes it seem like a more reasonable side arm if you were a person in the line of work where you would be fighting armored targets.

i like the funny lore and jokes i have herd from strangers about the round, although until i seen the ballistics of it for myself, i cant say i believe it. but someone made the bold claim that the round would go through an oak tree and kill the guy on the other side.. lol like i said, not sure i believe that from a pistol, but its certainly a round i would duck if someone pulled an fn out and pointed it at my armored truck. (noted that the ss190 is restricted by fn to military and police forces) (also noted that people claim to be able to reload their own "working" versions of the same armor piercing round)

of course, i hope you did not think i was intending to use this round for hunting, simply a nerd here who would like to own them to kill paper targets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom