Why I like the .45ACP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If bigger is better - we'd still be packing these: it's 75 cal and definitely ends .45 vs .356 (aka 9mm) debate.
gaspee.org_Pistol.jpg

Given good shot placement, 9mm can even take down buffalo. :D

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea but i dont have a buffalo tag so i will stick with a .45:rotflmao: just kidding i have both 9 and .45 like both.neither have ever failed to penetrate the paper target i am shooting.i think i like the .45 better cuz its easier to hit the last bullet hole in target

streetglideok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a 185 grain Hornady Critical Defense FTX bullet recovered from a deer left behind by a poacher that I had to finish off the other day. Retained weight is 183.2 grains. I figure the plastic plug would account for the missing 1.8 grains.

[Broken External Image]

I'm not trying to start another .45/9mm war, shoot whatever you're comfortable with and I'm happy for you.

I'd like to see a comparison between the critical defense bullets and the XTP bullets, on deer, etc. I have heard the XTP is good for hunting, but then again, people say Obama is a good president,lol.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_handgungel_comparison_176.jpg

I think the above photo compilation was made in 1989. With all of the advancements in bullet design since that time, I'll wager the results would be even closer today.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've killed several deer with the Kimber in .45acp since it became legal. With proper placement, it kills one just as fast as my 30-06.
Also a bobcat killed with the same gun. Sierra 240 grain HP with a full load of H110, my standard loading.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_PB280292.jpg

Bullet recovered from the Deer.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00262.jpg

Bobcat killed and the bullet recovered. It was shot straight down from a tree stand, so the ground helped the mushroom.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00169.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00256.jpg

I'm dying to know your 45acp load using H110. And those bullets bear no resemblance to Sierra #: 8820 240gr JHC. I'd swear those are 185gr gold dots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom