Why I never wear tennis shoes out here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If those pygmies don’t get you in the hand or foot they’ll dang sure get you in the wallet. Our Border Collie got tagged by a pygmy the other morning when I put him out. That was a vet bill we’ll be feeling for a while. 🙄
I’m sure that your vet mentioned it, but just in case he or she didn’t. There’s a vaccine for dogs now.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m sure that your vet mentioned it, but just in case he or she didn’t. There’s a vaccine for dogs now.
Oh yeah, they mentioned it. It works too. He was swoll up all the way from the foot to the shoulder and sick as the proverbial poisoned pup. Next day he was fine, but the inverse of the treatment is reflected in dollar signs.

Man I miss mutt dogs with a bar ditch education. You can’t hardly break those kind. And if you give them half regular rations they’ll walk on water right beside you.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh that’s awesome. Here’s a genuine question. What is the difference between poisonous and venomous? A native friend of mine was saying cotton mouths aren’t venomous but are poisonous. Something to do with bacteria on their teeth???
It’s in the vernacular of the person talking about that subject. Anything that bites or stings with venom is venomous.
Poisonous is something that you eat that transfers poison to your body.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If those pygmies don’t get you in the hand or foot they’ll dang sure get you in the wallet. Our Border Collie got tagged by a pygmy the other morning when I put him out. That was a vet bill we’ll be feeling for a while. 🙄
The two pigmy rattlers I killed only got unalived because my dog wouldn’t get the hell away from them. If it hadn’t been for my Bark Bark of Remarkably Few Brains, I’d have let them go about their merry way, but she wouldn’t leave them alone (she was actively taunting one, sticking her paw out at it). A .22 Colibri dispatched one, and a flying pair of lineman’s pliers terminated the other.

It’s a crying shame, as they were both beautiful snakes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That has to be the most useless ID characteristic I've ever heard. I mean, it's true, but if my blind eyes are close enough to see that, I'm completely screwed, LOL.
HaHa!😂 it’s not useless unless one is afraid to get up close and personal with the no shouldered critters. It’s amazing how well the zoom on our phones can get us close to them while remaining at a safe distance.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_1954.jpeg

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Copperhead, I don’t think we have them out here; I’ve never seen one. We do have tons of Western Diamondbacks, massasaugas, and Pygmy rattlesnakes.

Edit: from OKsnakes, the range of broadbanded copperheads is most of Caddo county and the north half of Comanche county. I still have never seen one out here
http://www.oksnakes.org/
Ft Sill has few.

Latest posts

Top Bottom