Why I never wear tennis shoes out here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many years ago (40+ ) was working on a drill site in the caprock north of Canadian TX. Rig was making a trip so another geologist and myself decided to hunt rattlesnakes. We must have walked 5 miles poking around in every hole and crack we could find and found none. Got back to rig where they were laying down pipe and they had killed 13. Ground around those rigs were always wet and I guess they were coming there to get cool.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I’m the odd man out when it comes to snakes.
I always check them out when I see them and occasionally will relocate one.
I’m not afraid of them and I don’t kill any i cross paths with. I respect them for what they are and we need their help to control pests.
I kind of view snakes like I do every thing else, if we can observe one another and let each other pass unharmed then alls well.
Here’s a couple of the docile variety, it’s been a while since I’ve seen a rough green snake.
Tarantulas are a hoot also..

Attachments

• IMG_1244.jpeg
    IMG_1244.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0999.jpeg
    IMG_0999.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0861.jpeg
    IMG_0861.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve had hog nosed snakes just bust me good but close their mouth just before contact.
Man they put on a convincing bluff but they are harmless.
Play with them enough and they roll over on to their backs to play dead.
You can roll them back on to their bellies, and shortly after, they will roll back over on to their backs.
Great fun.
But, when I mentioned dry bites, its with venomous snakes. They don't always inject venom.

When and how do venomous snakes’ dry bites happen?​

Written by Mike Groverin Snakes

When most people think of venomous snakes, they think of the danger of being bitten. And while it’s true that a venomous snake bite can be deadly, it’s essential to understand that not every taste from a venomous snake is injected with venom. A significant percentage of bites from venomous snakes are known as “dry bites.” But what exactly is a dry morsel, and how do you know if you’ve been the victim of one? Keep reading to find out.

https://everythingreptilion.com/whe...s-dry-bites-happen-the-truth-about-dry-bites/

Latest posts

Top Bottom