Why you shouldn't argue when you've been caught carrying in a posted business...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good post. I feel for you when you get put in the position you described, especially when some ass-hat gets belligerent about it. I've never been spotted or made, but if I was, and was asked to leave or to leave my gun in the car, I'd comply politely, because like it or not, I am in the wrong. The property or business owner has the right to deny access to people carrying a weapon, and I support that right 100%. I guess I just don't always see those little signs, or maybe I walk faster than I read (and I read slow...) but we need to respect the rights of others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
"What are you going to do if I don't?" Really said that?

The whole purpose of CCW is to intervene during a threat. It sounds like he was becoming the threat.
I agree with you that this won't help the cause. If a private business owner wants to not allow it then they are well within their rights to do so. Where do property rights end and the right to carry begin?

I don't carry personally. (I've gone back and forth on this.) I understand though if some people don't want it. A private business has the right to choose or not to allow it and it shouldn't be forced on them. Public spaces are a different matter.

I had an officer during a traffic stop (one of the very few "fishing stops" I've been subject to) say this after I informed him I had my CCW and was carrying:

"Just remember, I can draw faster than you."

Uh, say what? I really wanted to respond "Do you know who I am?", or "Do you want to test that?"

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an officer during a traffic stop (one of the very few "fishing stops" I've been subject to) say this after I informed him I had my CCW and was carrying:

Uh, say what? I really wanted to respond "Do you know who I am?", or "Do you want to test that?"

Probably not the place to say "Not if mine is already pointed at you!" LOL

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

[video][/video]

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with you 100%, and I've found myself considering gunbuster signs merely a suggestion with the exception of federal buildings and schools. I never push my luck there. I've just recently been able to convince my wife not to point to signs and say "you can't carry in there." (She's trying to be helpful)
Where do you work? Or, if you can't or don't want to say, what type of place is it? Don't answer that if you'd rather not....just curious.
I cant really say because of social media policies but it's a non-profit in OKC.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I had one say that to me after a traffic accident. I just said, "it's cool, just remember I'm the one that wanted you here."

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And like I said before, I GET IT when you ignore signs. Sometimes I ignore them too depending on circumstances but as long as it stays OUT OF SIGHT, nobody will know! And the first thing I ask if I spot one is "are you law enforcement?" If so, GREAT! Carry away! We love cops and want them in here! But if you're not, why pick a fight with somebody you don't know? How do you know I'M not armed??? Just because I can conceal mine better doesn't mean I'm not packing also, you know? And even if I wasn't, I've seen some real idiots that don't know the first thing about weapon retention and keeping distance. I'm not above taking it away from them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom