Why you shouldn't argue when you've been caught carrying in a posted business...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And that's something else. If you start misbehaving with your carry permit, it's my understanding that the OSBI can revoke it. Why risk that to prove a point we already agree on?

You're putting words in my mouth. My only point was that it was not trespassing, but rather a citation of up to $250.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're putting words in my mouth. My only point was that it was not trespassing, but rather a citation of up to $250.
Oh, I didnt mean to. I was just saying in general, why risk even getting a fine or at worst revocation for something when I'm on the same side as the people carrying in my business.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I am understanding you right, it's a $250 fine if you get caught carrying in in a place of business that is posted no carry? When did that change as it used to be that all they could do is ask you to leave, refuse and it was trespassing.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How do the Police Officers on here feel about SDA carry in general? Real world experiences - positive? negative? You guys and gals deal with this frequently, would truly like some insight.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Must have been one of the NeckBeards or their relatives.

If I have missed a sign, I do forget to look at a private business at times, or if I have neglected a sign for some unknown reason, I am in the wrong. Simple.

No need to argue with anyone or make smart off comments. I have the choice to comply and take to my vehicle and come back in IF it is OK with the owner, or drive off IF it is not OK with me.

When you get to be the owner, you can make the rules. For now, keep your pet alligator out of my house or I will call the cops. Simple.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I am understanding you right, it's a $250 fine if you get caught carrying in in a place of business that is posted no carry? When did that change as it used to be that all they could do is ask you to leave, refuse and it was trespassing.

Not a fine if you get caught, you will be asked to leave. IF you refuse to leave and police have to arrest you for trespassing, it is a $250 fine.

Many chain restaurants post because it is company policy, not the individual managers opinion, many do not care one way or the other.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It's not a fine if you simply get caught, it's after you refuse to leave and a peace officer is summoned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom