Will Gun Buster Signs Be Going Up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most large companies, ie walmart, lowes, homedepot, toys r us, babies r us..., already have policies in place since OC is legal in 42 other states. Toys r us and Babies r us are GFZs already. The others have a "follow state law" policy. Around mid October I plan on calling managers of stores I go to and ask them to update their staff on the company firearm policy. That way they have a couple weeks to get everyone trained before OC goes into effect. Put the fire out before it starts.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few blocks away I just know of one C-store that is for it. I was in getting my smokes and asked the owners son what he thought about open carry and he said we need it. I love going to that store.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since the OC law still requires a SDA card that allows going CC...pull out your shirt and go in if thats a problem.

OC works if carriers are polite and discrete. I can assure you--- a DE in a shoulder holster gets a BIG reaction compared to a Revolver or common semi auto in a pankake or peeking out of a waistband.

When you OC you get really good about adopting the "interview posture" and keeping the gun turned to a wall and the other fine points of pre=emptive retention.

OC wont change much for me... but I am looking forward to taking my coat off in the car....

F

fredkrueger

I was thinking this same thing when this passed. The thing I have been thinking about is if someone has a gunbuster sign up and we go in concealed isn't that still breaking the law? I thought that if the sign is up then we have to take our gun off to be able to enter. Or am I wrong on this? I hope that it doesn't change though. In my books stores shouldn't be able to tell me weather I can carry my gun in their store or not.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
fredkrueger said:
I was thinking this same thing when this passed. The thing I have been thinking about is if someone has a gunbuster sign up and we go in concealed isn't that still breaking the law? I thought that if the sign is up then we have to take our gun off to be able to enter. Or am I wrong on this? I hope that it doesn't change though. In my books stores shouldn't be able to tell me weather I can carry my gun in their store or not.

If a company has a gun buster sign, you can still go in concealed if you are "made" all they can do is ask you to leave, if you refuse you can get a trespassing ticket. That's for private businesses, places like post offices and other govt buildings is a different deal.

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the places I have encountered with signs in other OC states were unfortunately mom and pop shops, the places that can't afford security and should welcome CC/OC.

In one particular state (Georgia) they have to ask you to leave if they have a sign up or not (not govt offices). Guess the law there assumes you might not be able to read, or the sign is not in a language you understand. So you can go in and then wait to get told to leave, regardless of any signs posted.

When asked to leave, I simply gave them my business card and would write the business on the back (usually Wally World) that they had
permanently lost my business to until they changed their policy.

The look on their face is normally priceless

russcook

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I visited a 7-11 this afternoon on west Robinson in Norman. I like 7-11 because they have
no-fee ATMs. This store has a gun buster sign. After I got my cash I asked the store manager
if it was corporate policy that no guns are allowed. She said she believes it is, and at my
request gave me a phone number to call to make sure. I called the corporate number and
found that it is indeed 7-11's corporate policy that no guns are allowed in the store.
They will be putting up fresh new signs shortly. The gentleman was courteous and polite,
so I was also. But I let him know that we are compiling lists of gun-friendly businesses, and
it is those businesses that will be getting our dollars.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a thread earlier today about BC Clark in Penn Square Mall posting a sign around noon today. I called the downtown store and spoke with Jim Clark. He told me that it has always been their policy to not allow firearms in their stores. However over time, stores moving, signs becoming worn, the signs were not kept up with. With the passage of the open carry law, they apparently reviewed their police and refreshed the signage.

I also contacted Penn Square Mall and spoke with someone in security who told me that all mall entrances were posted in some way as firearms prohibited.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I visited a 7-11 this afternoon on west Robinson in Norman. I like 7-11 because they have
no-fee ATMs. This store has a gun buster sign. After I got my cash I asked the store manager
if it was corporate policy that no guns are allowed. She said she believes it is, and at my
request gave me a phone number to call to make sure. I called the corporate number and
found that it is indeed 7-11's corporate policy that no guns are allowed in the store.
They will be putting up fresh new signs shortly. The gentleman was courteous and polite,
so I was also. But I let him know that we are compiling lists of gun-friendly businesses, and
it is those businesses that will be getting our dollars.

Good thing OnCue has recently changed their policy in the opposite direction. Time to start shopping at OnCue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom