Wish me luck, please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a total shoulder arthroplasty (replacement) by the VA in OKC and as I went thru PT I couldn't raise my arm over my shoulder. Then some synapse or something happened and viola-I could raise my arm over my head, But still had pain and still do to this day and the surgery was in 2015. Seen an Othopod and he said the surgery failed and he wanted to do a reverse replacement and I said no, I could live with the pain, And darned if am able to live with it.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been telling myself I could just live with this level of pain ... and I could. The real issue is I do not have sufficient range of motion or strength to perform routine daily functions. I just had to get the wife to help me lift a 31-pound bag of dog food into a bin!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
UPDATE: I'm pretty ... no, I'm REALLY ... bummed out right now. I knew I had not been progressing through PT as I should. I've been working my butt off, but just not gaining any ground. I had PT Monday morning, and the therapist and I agreed that something wasn't right ... I just wasn't getting anywhere. I already had a follow-up appointment with the surgeon scheduled that morning, and she talked with him before I saw him. He agrees that something just ain't right. In fact, he says I have regressed a little. He says the only thing(s) he can imagine are that something didn't heal right or I have another tear. SO, I have another MRI scheduled Friday! More prayers are appreciated! I'm afraid this may change the entire spring and summer for me.
Well daggone it! I told yas about that there medieval torture device I had. It weren't fun at all. I had a full year of rehab after my ladder fall and recovered about 75 to 80 percent of my regular normal function. That is with Oxycodone every day.

You keep the doctor informed and that $200 bucks for the fun pack I have in yer pocket. We'll get you better.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes I just hate it when I'm right!!! Yep. Another tear, so another surgery. Waiting for them to schedule it now. I don't know when or how I managed to tear it again, but I did. And, I thought I had been very careful during recovery, PT, etc. I guess not careful enough. He said we will probably wait longer to even start rehab after this one ... like, probably six weeks! CRAP!!!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes I just hate it when I'm right!!! Yep. Another tear, so another surgery. Waiting for them to schedule it now. I don't know when or how I managed to tear it again, but I did. And, I thought I had been very careful during recovery, PT, etc. I guess not careful enough. He said we will probably wait longer to even start rehab after this one ... like, probably six weeks! CRAP!!!
Sorry to here that. Let us know when you go in for surgery and I will save up some photos just for you. 😈 😈

Latest posts

Top Bottom