With price of gold so high is anybody here recreational gold prospectors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navy_chief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll have to dig through some photos but I was talking about my Nome beach mining endeavors with some people last week. This was my setup from a few years back. The only equipment I shipped up there was my 4 wheeler and pumps and hoses. The rest I picked up from stuff that people had left behind. Prospecting and recreational mining equipment doesn't have to be expensive.

I pulled 20 ounces out in 6 weeks that summer. Would really like to go back this summer. Will probaby head back to Chicken and do some prospecting on the 40 Mile. Had really good luck there 3 summers ago.

i31.photobucket.com_albums_c359_akbushcop_beachmininglarge.jpg

Yukon,
I would really like to go there somday maybe you will take me with you? Ha Ha

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a show on the Outdoor Channel I think about this and they had a episode about Oklahoma. There was a thread about it with in the last year or so.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll have to dig through some photos but I was talking about my Nome beach mining endeavors with some people last week. This was my setup from a few years back. The only equipment I shipped up there was my 4 wheeler and pumps and hoses. The rest I picked up from stuff that people had left behind. Prospecting and recreational mining equipment doesn't have to be expensive.

I pulled 20 ounces out in 6 weeks that summer. Would really like to go back this summer. Will probaby head back to Chicken and do some prospecting on the 40 Mile. Had really good luck there 3 summers ago.

i31.photobucket.com_albums_c359_akbushcop_beachmininglarge.jpg

They had the tourist mine working hard at Chicken year before last. I've been going to Alaska every summer for the past several years. Last year health issurs kept me away. I've panned lots of creeks there, some in Colorado, California and georgia. Never got rich, but had a blast. Nome on the beach is the place to go. Blitzfike

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They had the tourist mine working hard at Chicken year before last. I've been going to Alaska every summer for the past several years. Last year health issurs kept me away. I've panned lots of creeks there, some in Colorado, California and georgia. Never got rich, but had a blast. Nome on the beach is the place to go. Blitzfike

Is Colorado the nearest place to get the "had a blast" results? I'd love to take the kids and be able to find a tiny amount.

Latest posts

Top Bottom