worlds largest carbon capture plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer the original carbon capture plants…

Forests.
So, you got me working on my business plan to compete with the largest carbon removal plant in the world.

It will remove 500,000 tons per year, so, 1,000,000,000/pounds annually.

According to the internet, a tree can remove 48 lbs/year. So, I'll need about 21,000,000 trees.

Also according to the internet, there are up to 1000 trees per acre in a rainforest. So, we'll need about 21,000 acres of it.

I wasn't able to find the price per acre of rainforest, but how much could it be? I've got to think I could find a crooked south american politician easy enough. $1k an acre maybe? I mean, he get's $21,000,000 and we could get some green publicity to boot. I'll bet the carbon plant guys are spending more than that upfront. And they have more maintenance. The only expense we'll have is some armed guards to keep the d*** farmers and oil companies out.

Who wants in?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a tree in the panhandle once.
That sounds like the argument being made in the work from home thread.

Maybe that’s why there is something called a jet stream.

15A25B13-1783-4A40-A67B-A6DC353F0626.png

I’ve seen Saharan dust from my office window in Tulsa. And now you have too.

A5E103D8-37F4-4E26-A924-869C391EC257.jpeg

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/sahara-dust-cloud.335729/

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am seeking investors to help fund a
347191C9-7600-40C2-84FD-228B8851A4C9.jpeg
carbon capture/methane producing cow eradication company. Soon after receiving the appropriate amount of investment and governmental subsidies we will be looking to hire hundreds if not thousands of hungry employees.
Here are our humble beginnings.
Please donate now.
And remember those who support cow farts don’t accord to Fetterman.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny thing, the want us to eat bugs, crickets, grasshoppers and the like as opposed to cattle. A mass of insects the size of a cow doesn't produce methane or poop? Trees aren't the only thing that converts CO2 into Oxygen, there are other plants and algae in the water and air, kelp and seaweed in lakes and oceans. These people are morons.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny thing, the want us to eat bugs, crickets, grasshoppers and the like as opposed to cattle. A mass of insects the size of a cow doesn't produce methane or poop? Trees aren't the only thing that converts CO2 into Oxygen, there are other plants and algae in the water and air, kelp and seaweed in lakes and oceans. These people are morons.

i think pumping C02 into formations as tertiary recovery of oil has been working for many years. but i also think that capturing C02 and pumping it into the ground doesn't remove it for very long because it comes back to the surface. but carbon capture is a science of wealth transfer and control more than it is climate science. question---- what if removing CO2 from the atmosphere causes some kind of global atmospheric event?

Latest posts

Top Bottom