Would This Piss You Off, or Is It Just Me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultimase

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's you. Really don't see any fault on the seller's part. Did you tell him on the first phone call you were interested and had cash on hand, and could be out the door in the next 5 mins?

Do you know if the eventual buyer was line up before you even called? No guarantee you were the first, second or even in the top five. Either way, first one with actual payment usually gets it.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The seller could have posted or told you that there was an offer on the table, but not all sellers think that way, especially if there's a medical procedure on his mind.
A wise man once told me that what is meant to be will be. Getting all pissed off over things which are out of your control and don't directly effect your life is
a waste of good suffering. If you're married, you're robbing your wife of that sinful pleasure! I'm no philosopher, but I've had enough crap dealt to me by
people who post things for sale in ads and either they don't get back to me (until a week later and it's too late) and the item is gone, or they don't get back
to me at all and leave the post up.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trickydick, I remember the Turbo 5. I drove a R10 in my high school days. I used to live on the east coast and had seem Turbo s's on the street along with Porsche 914-6's. The 5's are way out of my play money range.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This will be my last comment on this and maybe I should have posted this part sooner so everybody would understand better why I felt screwed. I had posted the question on the webpage to the owner " Is the car in Tulsa or on the east coast ? If it's in Tulsa , can I test drive it tomorrow ? The company he works for has people on the east coast. I sent this last Thursday. He replied
"It's in Tulsa. However I'll be getting surgery tomorrow. (minor) How about this weekend? I'll take you for a ride in it, and if you think you want to buy it you can drive it." On Friday afternoon I called him and that's when he said a guy had wired him half the money and the car was being shipped to New York. I think one of their employees in New York wanted the car and he was giving him time to get the money together. I'm done pissing and moaning about . Dennis you can give it a day and kill this one. Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom