Write your Congressmen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've sent 11 emails and five letters to each of our congressmen from Oklahoma. I've written the President. None of them have responded to me. I wrote the letters using pen and paper for three of the letters the other were written on a typewritter. I've been told they answer every piece of mail they receive. I've let them know I've yet to recieve a rtesponse from them. I've yet to have a reply. At this point I believe we need to elect new people who at least have a staff member who's job is to reply to the letter. As a deaf person a phone call doesn't work. I've tried text and TTY and been hung up on each time. I beginning to get mad about this.

Remington

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't get mad, and don't give up. At a minimum your correspondence is counted as a number. You may or may not get a reply, they are getting a ton of mail. Just keep pounding away at them. Your efforts will make a difference.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a response from a James Lankford staffer from a contact about a year and a half ago. I almost forgot about the issue entirely.

IMO, a congressman's job should be 90% listening to his constituents, and about 10% voting on stuff. I've been seriously considering running for office after all this BS. If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself it seems

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bad thing about writing letters now is that each one of them goes through a security check before the legislator or their staff ever sees it. With the volume of mail pouring in to the Capitol right now, it can take months before it reaches it's final destination to be read/counted.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
POSTCARDS ................... it's the envelopes that slow down the inspection process. Have to keep the message short and to the point, they see it quicker and appreciate the input. IMHO

Nate for Congress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been seriously considering running for office after all this BS. If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself it seems

My sentiments EXACTLY! I have told my wife this same thing several times recently! Because I AM PISSED OFF! They don't listen to their constituents. They get up there and make laws that don't mean crap. They pass laws that contradict other laws. They just put on a show and don't accomplish a damn thing worth anything.

Keep pounding them, Stan!

Latest posts

Top Bottom