Seems to be a few conflicts on the channel lately or I just noticed a few.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah. The internet is a pretty unnatural way to communicate. Lots of nuance and subtlety gets missed without the nonverbal cues. Im naturally very sarcastic and dry as well. A lot of people just flat out dont get it online.

You're right on the second account as well. Lots of big bad men behind the keyboard. They are usually easy to spot and not take seriously.

But on any internet gun forum, you just have a certain amount of know it all, humorless schmuks. Its usually the same few guys though. Mostly people are cool.
Ive often wondered who marries the sour pusses? Ive met guys that NEVER joke or even smile, just dead serious every minute of the day. Their wives must lead lives of quiet desperation..

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A public Notice. I am an A hole. And will say snarky things from time to time. I wont get offended if someone ( a fellow A hole ) jumps right back and corrects , or continues the conversation. Life's too short to carry anger around. Tomorrows a new day.
I'm afraid I'm a bit of a sarcastic A-hole. No, make that a LOT of a sarcastic A-hole. ;) Copy all the rest of your post, and I resemble that remark, too. :) BTW, I won't pretend to be a good guy. I try, but I expect I fail miserably. At least that what my wife says.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm afraid I'm a bit of a sarcastic A-hole. No, make that a LOT of a sarcastic A-hole. ;) Copy all the rest of your post, and I resemble that remark, too. :) BTW, I won't pretend to be a good guy. I try, but I expect I fail miserably. At least that what my wife says.
Ditto 100% But I can be counted on in a pinch. To the few people that can stand my humor. lol

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sarcastic by nature but I learned long ago that a lot of people are incapable of grasping it in written form, without hearing the tone of voice they take everything literally. Ive tried, to no avail, to make it so over the top that no one could miss it but nope, don't work. Same with jokes, some people cant detect them under any circumstances. So if Im discussing business in particular, I try to keep it straight down the line, but sometimes my true nature slips through. Another thing Ive learned is that forums can often be teeming with brave "internet warriors" that are the Incredible Hulk online but if you were FTF more like Dylan Mulvaney. OOPS there I go again.
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

This. On another forum, I'd get pissed-off at things that other posters--one in particular--would say and he finally said that he wasn't attacking me, that he was messing with me.

Said in person, like you say, I'd likely know that he was joking, but reading them, I could not see the body language, nor hear the inflection.

Once I realized what was going on, the other guy and I got on a lot better.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I must be doing things completely wrong.

I've made a number of snide remarks towards stoners and boozers (and a few other odd eccentrics) and haven't even had the blessing of a warning, let alone an outright ban.

Who is the touchiest moderator? Maybe I need to direct some comments their way?

But, SF, I don't think you are much different from many others here. At least you are still here.
If you want a warning, just post a crying laughing face and you will get one. Works every time because its online bullying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom