Yellowstone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So that scene in the woods with Wade & the wranglers doesn’t count???

Trivia question from last night’s show: name the old TV Western actor in the scene in Kaycey’s office where he’s encouraged to run for Governor.
Buck Taylor. He sets up his art at the Wannenmacher show.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to know why you never see the wranglers operating a hay swather or bucking hay? It does snow a little in Montana. Maybe their too busy looking at $100,000 cutting horses. Maybe they should show how busy it is during calving season and gathering up calves and dry cows to sell which is how the ranch makes money to pay for the operating cost and taxes.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to know why you never see the wranglers operating a hay swather or bucking hay? It does snow a little in Montana. Maybe their too busy looking at $100,000 cutting horses. Maybe they should show how busy it is during calving season and gathering up calves and dry cows to sell which is how the ranch makes money to pay for the operating cost and taxes.

Bucking hay ended with the development of the large round & square bales. Machine handling is much cheaper.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bucking hay ended with the development of the large round & square bales. Machine handling is much cheaper.

Yes I know, but they don't have a hay operation going on anywhere on the ranch. It's all about riding horses and looking at high dollar horses. They haven't had their butt in a tractor/swather one second in each of the three seasons. I guess they drive their cattle south for the winter, way south or maybe they graze them out on the few acres they irrigate every now and then on the show.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buck Taylor. He sets up his art at the Wannenmacher show.

I didn't know he sets up at the big show.
I did see him in the movie "Hell or High Water" (as the customer in the bank with the short 1911, I believe).

Sorry to mess up the thread but I'm too cheap for cable and don't know about this apparent soap opera Yellowstone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom