Zimmerman back in custody

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://www.columbian.com/news/2013/sep/10/video-of-george-zimmerman-domestic-incident-may-be/
ORLANDO, Fla. - Police investigating a possible domestic violence incident involving George Zimmerman and his wife told reporters Tuesday afternoon there may be video of what happened on an iPad.

However, the tablet was smashed and "is in multiple pieces," Lake Mary, Fla., police spokesman Zach Hudson said.

Police are still investigating to determine whether Shellie or George Zimmerman should be charged with domestic-violence battery.

It's also possible George would be charged with destruction of evidence, if police confirm Shellie's complaint that George broke the iPad.

"It's been pretty badly damaged," Hudson said.

It's in "several pieces," he said and at mid-day was at the Seminole County Sheriff's Office, where computer experts were trying to salvage the video she recorded Monday as the dispute unfolded.

That video, he said, would be a "key component" in his agency's charging decision.
The Refs are consulting the video

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I guess George has a new gal in his life too ... I had to LOL when I heard the 911 tape this morning and his soon-to-be ex- said "He's got someone with him. IT'S A WOMAN. OMG ..." You can hear her and her dad both saying "OMG" several times like they are simply stunned ... :rollingla

Well, yah, that tends to happen when you kick a man to the curb. He tends to go find some place else to lay his head! :D

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...y-police-chief-george-zimmerman-lawyer-lying/
Florida Police Chief: Either George Zimmerman Or His Lawyer Is Not Telling The Truth

The Florida police chief that is actively investigating a confrontation between George Zimmerman, his wife and his father in law says someone is lying: either George Zimmerman or his lawyer.

Both the Lake Mary Florida Police Chief, Steve Bracknell, and the department’s spokesman Zach Hudson confirmed to ThinkProgress that George Zimmerman told officers at the scene that he did not have a gun on him during the incident. This directly contradicts what ZImmerman’s lawyer, Mark O’Mara, told CNN:

O’MARA: He acted appropriately. He never took the weapon out. The only thing he really did, which is what he told the police, was on the outside of his shirt, he made sure the gun wasn’t moving anywhere and didn’t do anything because
[Zimmerman's father-in-law] Mr. Dean was sort of coming at him, that can sort of be seen in the video.
COOPER: So he had the gun actually on his person not like, in the glove box of his car?
O’MARA: That’s correct.

Bracknell acknowledged the contradiction, telling ThinkProgress “Who is telling the truth? Good question.” He added that O’Mara was “on scene providing legal advice to hid [sic] client.” Bracknell appeared to suggest that O’Mara was well-informed of the facts of the case and had little reason to invent facts - like Zimmerman having a gun - that would be damaging to his client.

Zimmerman’s wife Shellie told a 911 operator that George Zimmerman “continually has his hand on his gun and he keeps saying step closer and he is just threatening all of us.” After consulting with her lawyers, she recanted her story.
The mystery may be solved by iPad footage that Shellie recorded of the confrontation. According to O’Mara, George Zimmerman smashed the iPad into pieces before the police arrived. The police are attempting to recover the video from the broken iPad. They are still considering filing charges against one or both Zimmermans.

Shortly after his appearance on CNN, O’Mara announced that he would no longer represent Zimmerman in the case.
i.qkme.me_3p1qgu.jpg

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
LAKE MARY - George Zimmerman did so much damage to an iPad that his estranged wife was using to video-record their argument over how to divide household goods that authorities cannot quickly recover images and thus he will not face arrest, the police department announced at noon.

"The iPad is in really bad shape," said Lake Mary Officer Zach Hudson.

Zimmerman admitted destroying it and can be seen on a home security system video to be piercing it with some sort of tool then flinging it to the ground on Monday
Hudson said without video corroboration to Shellie Zimmerman's allegation that he threatened to harm her, there would be no arrest.

It also means that she won't be arrested either. George Zimmerman had lodged a conter-complaint, alleging that she had hit him with the iPad.Hudson did not rule out future charges, should someone be able to figure out how to recover the iPad video, but he said police weren't sure who might be able to do that or when.

He suggested that might take weeks or months.

Police expect to release their final report on what happened at Zimmerman's home Monday, the dispute that sparked Shellie Zimmerman's call to 911.

That should be available mid-afternoon.

Police responded to Sprucewood Road after Shellie Zimmerman called 911 just after 2 p.m. Monday and told a police dispatcher her estranged husband had his hand on his gun, was making threats and had punched her father.

"I'm really, really afraid," Shellie Zimmerman said. "I don't know what he's capable of. I'm really, really scared."

Police have since said they have no evidence a gun was involved. Shellie Zimmerman, her father and other people present didn't actually see one, Hudson said, and none was found on Zimmerman.

"As of right now, a gun is not a part of the equation," Hudson said Tuesday.

Officers did not search George Zimmerman's vehicle, Hudson said, because they didn't feel they had probable cause to do so.

The couple had gotten into a fight as they tried to divide household belongings. George Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara called it an argument over "pots and pans."

Police say they are still investigating to determine whether to charge either Zimmerman with a domestic violence-related crime. George Zimmerman told police that his wife hit him with the iPad, Hudson said.

It's also possible George Zimmerman would be charged with destruction of evidence for breaking the iPad, Hudson said, depending on the evidentiary value of the video his wife recorded.

"As it stands right now there will not be any charges any time soon without that iPad," Hudson said. "And that can be weeks or months away."

Check back for updates. This is a developing story.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...an-domestic-violence-20130911,0,2640693.story

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LAKE MARY - George Zimmerman did so much damage to an iPad that his estranged wife was using to video-record their argument over how to divide household goods that authorities cannot quickly recover images and thus he will not face arrest, the police department announced at noon.

"The iPad is in really bad shape," said Lake Mary Officer Zach Hudson.

Zimmerman admitted destroying it and can be seen on a home security system video to be piercing it with some sort of tool then flinging it to the ground on Monday
Hudson said without video corroboration to Shellie Zimmerman's allegation that he threatened to harm her, there would be no arrest.

It also means that she won't be arrested either. George Zimmerman had lodged a conter-complaint, alleging that she had hit him with the iPad.Hudson did not rule out future charges, should someone be able to figure out how to recover the iPad video, but he said police weren't sure who might be able to do that or when.

He suggested that might take weeks or months.

Police expect to release their final report on what happened at Zimmerman's home Monday, the dispute that sparked Shellie Zimmerman's call to 911.

That should be available mid-afternoon.

Police responded to Sprucewood Road after Shellie Zimmerman called 911 just after 2 p.m. Monday and told a police dispatcher her estranged husband had his hand on his gun, was making threats and had punched her father.

"I'm really, really afraid," Shellie Zimmerman said. "I don't know what he's capable of. I'm really, really scared."

Police have since said they have no evidence a gun was involved. Shellie Zimmerman, her father and other people present didn't actually see one, Hudson said, and none was found on Zimmerman.

"As of right now, a gun is not a part of the equation," Hudson said Tuesday.

Officers did not search George Zimmerman's vehicle, Hudson said, because they didn't feel they had probable cause to do so.

The couple had gotten into a fight as they tried to divide household belongings. George Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara called it an argument over "pots and pans."

Police say they are still investigating to determine whether to charge either Zimmerman with a domestic violence-related crime. George Zimmerman told police that his wife hit him with the iPad, Hudson said.

It's also possible George Zimmerman would be charged with destruction of evidence for breaking the iPad, Hudson said, depending on the evidentiary value of the video his wife recorded.

"As it stands right now there will not be any charges any time soon without that iPad," Hudson said. "And that can be weeks or months away."

Check back for updates. This is a developing story.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...an-domestic-violence-20130911,0,2640693.story

Violence against an iPad. That may be the crime that finally brings him down.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guy is a douche-bag in a teapot.

Sure, the world hates him and is looking for every excuse to crucify him for all the wrong reasons, but that doesn't mean the right reasons don't exist.

As many times as I've heard OSA'ers talking smack about how the media wants this guys head and is ignoring pretty much all of the proof, there seems to be a lot of folks making him their messiah while ignoring all of the proof of his complete idiocy/douchebaggery.

I don't think he's guilty of murdering Treyvon Martin, but I wouldn't exactly want to be friends with the guy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom