ZTR Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a new mower, his name is Mike and he charges $25 to do it... I figure I can pay him many times before it exceeds the cost of my own lawn equipment, a shed to store it in, maintenance, etc... and I don't break a sweat. lol
With that said, it's a huge adjustment moving from my 8 acres to a city lot but my health dictated that was the best thing.
By the way, that Spartan that @farmerbyron posted in one choice looking machine and I would have to look hard at that.

I was going to look at the Spartan but dealers where aways away. Already have that issue with my tractor and didn’t want to repeat it. But agree it’s a good looking machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 50" Toro MX5060 w/23 HP Kawasaki. I have some pretty rough ground and it's held together.
The advice about keeping blades sharp is really good. Sharp blade mean faster mowing time and less fuel consumed.
I also bought one of those lifts designed for ZTR mowers. The lift makes getting under the deck easy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 50" Toro MX5060 w/23 HP Kawasaki. I have some pretty rough ground and it's held together.
The advice about keeping blades sharp is really good. Sharp blade mean faster mowing time and less fuel consumed.
I also bought one of those lifts designed for ZTR mowers. The lift makes getting under the deck easy.
We have sand in our lawn soil. Standard blades wear completely out in one mowing season. My bad boy dealer buys the fusion blades. They have some carbide powder electrocoated onto the blades. I can get well over two seasons with those blades and they stay sharp.

cm_osu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have sand in our lawn soil. Standard blades wear completely out in one mowing season. My bad boy dealer buys the fusion blades. They have some carbide powder electrocoated onto the blades. I can get well over two seasons with those blades and they stay sharp.
It's really sandy at both of my grandparents houses also. I've had really good luck and longer useful life with Oregon Gator G6 blades. They're basically the same price as the standard snapper OEM replacements. Only down side is they don't make them for every model of mower.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom