Bad Boy Mower, or......?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'v'e got a Dixon (Husqvarna) 52" with a Kawasaki pushing it. I bought it in 2012 or 14, don't remember. I haven't had any real serious issues, but I'm going to be selling it and getting a Ferris ISX 800 52" with a commercial Briggs on it. My yard is as rough as 12 miles of bad road and I'm too old to keep taking that beating. I need the suspension that the Ferris has on the 800.

I'm surprised nobody discussed the Ferris. I'm told they are top notch.

Fitz-

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bump, any suggestions on shops to look at east of tulsa. If i have to buy new, sold on bad boy to try first, but i wouldn't mind trying whatever if i can get a good deal used.

5 acres plenty of trees small slopes, and the back 1/3rd is pretty swampy. Got some bushes etc i need to try and cut out and i think will only be safe for equipment as far as mud layer in the summer. Probably just get brush hogged when i get my tractor. So realistically closer to 2.5 acre to regularly mow. Maybe less depending how much of the land i end up trying to turn into pens and crops.

Figured minimum 54, preferably 60 plus. Bonus points for being a little more friendly towards rougher brush though i don't expect it to eat rocks.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bump, any suggestions on shops to look at east of tulsa. If i have to buy new, sold on bad boy to try first, but i wouldn't mind trying whatever if i can get a good deal used.

5 acres plenty of trees small slopes, and the back 1/3rd is pretty swampy. Got some bushes etc i need to try and cut out and i think will only be safe for equipment as far as mud layer in the summer. Probably just get brush hogged when i get my tractor. So realistically closer to 2.5 acre to regularly mow. Maybe less depending how much of the land i end up trying to turn into pens and crops.

Figured minimum 54, preferably 60 plus. Bonus points for being a little more friendly towards rougher brush though i don't expect it to eat rocks.
Are you a veteran? The reason I ask is because tractor supply gives veterans or their family a 15% discount on veterans day.

Last edited:

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have a commercial Swisher have had for 6-7 years now, best mower I’ve ever owned hands down. Avoid the green paint like the plague, you will thank me later…
Honestly if you have the money you might as well buy a commercial grade mower, they will last forever. Most all the mowers seem to be built about the same(chicom junk)until you step up to commercial grade then products seem to be like they should for the price.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Smith Farm and Garden in BA usually has new and used equipment. Same for The Tractor Yard in Coweta. Mike Cooper Tractors in Fort Gibson. Stewart Martin in Muskogee. Johns Tractor Works in Vinita and he has a location near Claremore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom