Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: 2A Shooting Center (OPS)

I went for the first time today. Nice place for sure, clean and shooting indoors in that clean air was sure nice. Only thing I wish was some extended walls to catch the flying brass but sometimes distractions are good for practice.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin 1775

Going for the first time today after work to run my new CZ P-01. Looking forward to it! (I guess I should make sure they're open today)
    Anti-Lock Evangelist #2

FEEDBACK

JDon

How much is a membership?

Quote Originally Posted by JDon View Post
    I also have this question.

I've seen people mention shooting rifle there, I am guessing rifle ammunition is OK then? Is there a caliber restriction/limit?

Do they make you buy their ammo to shoot there or can you bring your own? Are you allowed to pick up your brass if you wanted to?
    My Feedback Thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ripnbst View Post
    I also have this question.

I've seen people mention shooting rifle there, I am guessing rifle ammunition is OK then? Is there a caliber restriction/limit?

Do they make you buy their ammo to shoot there or can you bring your own? Are you allowed to pick up your brass if you wanted to?
    I've been a couple times and can answer part of this. You do not have to buy there ammo, you are welcome to bring your own. Also you can either pick up the brass and take it with you or leave it there. They told me just to sweep it forward from the walk way back into the shooting area out of the way if I didn't want to keep it myself, no need to collect it and bring it back to them though!

Quote Originally Posted by JDon View Post
    Membership prices can be found here:
    http://www.2ashootingcenter.com/pricing

As far as the caliber on rifle....I don't know but last time we went in there was a guy sighting a scope in and it was so loud for my wife that had foams and muffs on we had to leave until the guy was done. The pressure from the shot was kinda overwhelming also.

Quote Originally Posted by ripnbst View Post
    From what I have heard their bullet catch system can take up to a .50 BMG, although other shooters may not. So with that in mind I would have to say there is not a caliber restriction within reason.

Which days does this range have the most activity?

Well, I don't know about which days it has most activity, but I was there this afternoon, around 2PM and they told me that there was about an hour wait to get a lane, so they were full. I usually shoot there in the mornings when I am working evenings. I get there right at 9AM and go right in. The place was FULL today. You almost could not walk around in there. I am glad to see that they are getting this kind of business.

Glad to hear all of the positives! Really need to make it over there and get to know everyone. I've had friends with good experiences there. Shotguns too!

Thumbs up Re: 2A Shooting Center (OPS)

Me and the Mrs. went there for the first time last night. Actually we stopped by on Saturday afternoon and that was a bad idea since they had a 2 HOUR wait which is normal. He said to come by during the week and we should be able to get in with no wait. This was my wife's first time to shoot and she had a blast! I just purchased my first CCW (SA XD9 sub-compact) from Sports World a couple of weeks ago and was looking for a place to shoot and I did not want to pay the high range fees and be forced to buy range ammo at Tulsa Firearms. Since it was my wife's first time to shoot they did not charge her to use the lane which was only $12 w/o a membership. Normally it's $18 if you and a friend share a lane. Targets were cheap .49 for the standard man/women perp or $1.50 for the zombies. I recommend purchasing the $1.89 cardboard body outlined target that is on the far-right of the wall. It is made of thick cardboard and is a great backer for the paper targets. The air filtration system is very nice and limits the amount of gun powder that you breathe in and the water recovery system is quite impressive at well. We will definitely be going back and I am considering purchasing the family membership for $350 with no range fees and my wife is ready to purchase her first handgun.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
    George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by okwarren View Post
    Which days does this range have the most activity?
    The weekends are jam packed unless you get there when they open according to the man behind the counter. We went last Saturday afternoon and they had a 2 hour wait.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
    George Washington

I had to wait on a Tuesday night, as well. I asked if they had a slow time, and he said daytime during the week was slower. So now I've gotta take time off work to shoot!

I wanted to go last Saturday but the wait was too long. Just hopped on the highway and headed to Tulsa Firearms. I find it a little silly people are willing to wait so long. I agree that 2A is nice, but I can't handle the wait on the weekends. It is the only time I have scheduled to shoot. Hopefully with warmer weather the indoor places get less crowded.

I;ve been to 2A once so far and love it. Excellent facility, Just wish it a was closer to home.