I lost my job to a YouTube prank channel called okcpranks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beebeev3

Marksman
Reaction score
I found the guy on oscn. He is a felon, multiple charges, one for burglary, one armed robbery, 2 felony possession of a firearm,1 possession of meth, 1 possession of Xanax,1 possession of morphine, 1 for obstructing an officer and 1 for violating probation.

He has 25 years worth of suspended sentence starting in 2016. If they charge him I’m assuming he will have to serve the other charges as well. No wonder he’s so upset I called the police on him.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of you situation. I too understand not wanting to be on fire. I hope that the sob gets what is coming to him, that is a lot of suspended time to make up if the judge has any sand in their pants.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy everyone, I just lost my job yesterday for a prank that someone pulled at my job 2 days ago.

TLDR: Someone was threatening my wife, me, and themselves with gasoline. Turned out to be prank but since my co workers found out I carry my job is toast.

Ive worked at this place for 3 years. I’ve been putting in a lot of overtime so my wife and I can have a nice Christmas. Wasn’t even on the schedule that day. She was working with me that night too. She was at the register, I was working the floor. I was pushing a cart towards the back room and I heard someone being loud saying “life been hard blah blah blah”

I turned around and my wife was fast walking towards me while a man with a gas can was following behind her. I figured he was asking money for gas and she darted around me and said “this man is trying to do something”. He started talking about how he’s tired of life and finna do something bad. I immediately noticed the lighter in his hand, quit listening, started walking the same direction my wife did to try to create some distance. He kept following me to the end of the aisle, my wife went one direction and I kept moving forward. I got into the next aisle and when he didn’t stop following I figured he was about to try to take me with him and I began reaching. As soon as he saw what I was doing he started yelling “it’s just water it’s a prank” I told him I almost shot him and he started apologizing. My wife started screaming at him and we started yelling at him to just ****ing leave. He apologized all the way to the door and tried plugging his YouTube channel and I don’t even remember the name. This all happened in about 40 seconds.

What I didn’t see was him walk up to her and open the container and pour it on his head.

Police came, got a description, and left. They told me if I would’ve shot him I would have been charged. I told them I felt like my wife and I were just chased around with a gas can and lighter and that I would rather be in jail than on fire and they said “well that’s fair” I went home and made a post on Reddit about it in the CCW subreddit and it blew up. Someone found his YouTube channel name which is okcpranks. (Please go report him and get his channel demonetized) From there we found all his social media, his name, his girlfriends name, his moms name, his dads name, his phone number, and even his email. It’s all be turned over to the police and I have an appointment with a lawyer tomorrow.

Ultimately I’m glad it was just a prank, I’m glad I didn’t have to shoot anyone, I’m glad nobody was set on fire and I’m thanking God my wife is safe.

But what really sucks is I’m now jobless for Christmas. I don’t have money for gifts for my family, and the only jobs to call me back are a huge pay cut. I’m not asking for charity but if someone could please help me find a good paying job I will gladly do whatever I need to do. I’m comfortable working any time of day, any day of the week. I never call in unless I’m too sick or injured to get out of bed. I’m use to working long hours and I’m not afraid to get my hands dirty.

Just reaching out for any help and advice. Y’all stay safe and have a Merry Christmas.
YouTube has been reported.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found the guy on oscn. He is a felon, multiple charges, one for burglary, one armed robbery, 2 felony possession of a firearm,1 possession of meth, 1 possession of Xanax,1 possession of morphine, 1 for obstructing an officer and 1 for violating probation.

He has 25 years worth of suspended sentence starting in 2016. If they charge him I’m assuming he will have to serve the other charges as well. No wonder he’s so upset I called the police on him.

Where all these suspended jail time felonies here in Oklahoma?

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Empty gas tank = toy gun. Still a reasonable perceived threat.

This guy gets it. According to the SDA's CLEET provided instructor guide, force can be used whether the threat was real or not, if a reasonable person would have believed the threat to be real. IE fake gun, water not gas, rubber knife etc.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like you’ve got a bunch of input on your job, the moron who thinks these really lame pranks are fun, and your actions. I feel like the big thing now is finding work. You’re in luck though, many places will just about hire for entry level on the spot, even without it being the holiday season.

You say you aren’t afraid to work with your hands and get dirty, and that you typically work in retail.
What are you skills?
Where do you WANT to work?
What do you like to do?
Does your wife still have a job?
Do you have reliable transportation, and what part of the city do you live in?
Well…. You predicted the OSA response lmao! Not much about the job situation, whole lotta chit chat about everything else though.

In my first response I asked if he has any experience in construction.

OP, If you’re thin and nimble, HVAC companies are always hiring guys to climb attics and run duct lol… you can train as an apprentice and make a decent wage pretty fast

What are your preferred skills?

Latest posts

Top Bottom