I lost my job to a YouTube prank channel called okcpranks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where is the threat, hes attempting to harm himself, just being annoying about doing so.

This same scenario did not play well for okc pd officer keith Sweeny...

Really? Next to someone with spilled gasoline and lighter? I might have shot him as well, while backing away.

jeepjackazz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If someone sets themselves on fire then runs up to you and locks their arms and legs around you, do you perceive a threat yet"
im not worried about hypothetical situations.

This man was not on fire, contents of the can were assumed, and he reacted from his coworkers fear.

He was terminated for having a firearm at work, while it sucks, its what happens when you break a companies policy.

If your going to draw a weapon, as taught, you need to make that decision off of facts, and not a few feelings.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This man was not on fire, contents of the can were assumed, and he reacted from his coworkers fear.

He was terminated for having a firearm at work, while it sucks, its what happens when you break a companies policy.

If your going to draw a weapon, as taught, you need to make that decision off of facts, and not a few feelings.
Everything about self defense is an exercise in the hypothetical. If a man points a gun at you, it is only hypothetical that it is loaded. What sort of deterministic action would you need to see that you need to take a course of action?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

So if someone points a gun at you it's not going to concern you because they're only hypothetically going to shoot you. You're only assuming the gun is real and is loaded. Every threat is a hypothetical threat until the person threatening carries out the threatened action.

The subject in the OP was reasonably perceived as a threat capable of causing death or serious bodily injury to the OP and his wife. I'm happy for them it didn't go any further than it did. Jobs can be replaced though it's a painful situation to be forced into.

I agree, though, that violating company policy carries consequences. In a perfect world it wouldn't be that way in this instance...but the world ain't perfect.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Social media and youtube are not doing this country a lot of good.

Shh.. too many people's 401k and stock investments rely on tech companies always returning 10%. We're supposed to ignore the hazard these companies pose because they make us money.

jeepjackazz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if someone points a gun at you it's not going to concern you because they're only hypothetically going to shoot you. You're only assuming the gun is real and is loaded. Every threat is a hypothetical threat until the person threatening carries out the threatened action.

The subject in the OP was reasonably perceived as a threat capable of causing death or serious bodily injury to the OP and his wife. I'm happy for them it didn't go any further than it did. Jobs can be replaced though it's a painful situation to be forced into.

I agree, though, that violating company policy carries consequences. In a perfect world it wouldn't be that way in this instance...but the world ain't perfect.

were discussing a fuel can that had a small amount of water in it, not a gun. we can play "what if" all day long.

Latest posts

Top Bottom