Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: CCW Safe

  1. #1

    Default CCW Safe

    I must confess that I never read the Oklahoma Gazette, usually far to liberal for me. I was eating at a local place with some co-workers yesterday (who all know my views on gun ownership, CCW, etc.) and they pointed out the latest edition of the Gazette and said I would be interested.

    I picked one up and during lunch read the article. Turns out the article is about the business of defending citizens with a CCW that use their gun in a use of force incident. There is a company called CCW Safe that for $99/year per person covers any legal fee that you will encounter if you use your weapon in an incident, this includes any administrative hearings.

    Anyone have any background on these people? I was thinking of getting my wife and I a membership.

    Link:

    http://ccwsafe.com/
    Fight Crime: Shoot back!!

    My feedback thread: http://www.okshooters.com/showthread...=Ackleyshooter

  2. #2

    Default Re: CCW Safe

    I did a quick google search for reviews and found nothing. Sounds like what they are offering could be beneficial if in fact they do what they claim. I would assume most people dont think to save/have hundreds of thousands of dollars stashed away for a good defense attorney that has expertise in these situations.

  3. #3

    Default Re: CCW Safe

    Quote Originally Posted by tualum0982 View Post
    I did a quick google search for reviews and found nothing. Sounds like what they are offering could be beneficial if in fact they do what they claim. I would assume most people dont think to save/have hundreds of thousands of dollars stashed away for a good defense attorney that has expertise in these situations.
    That's exactly my reasoning for considering a membership....I don't want to bankrupt my family trying to keep myself from prison assuming someone doesn't agree with my choice to pull the trigger. Just look at Zimmerman down in Florida, he had to resort to putting up an internet page to ask for funds.
    Fight Crime: Shoot back!!

    My feedback thread: http://www.okshooters.com/showthread...=Ackleyshooter

  4. #4

    Default Re: CCW Safe

    absolutely. In theory, it sounds like a good piece of "insurance." Is it only offered in OK or anyone can join they just happen to be from ok? I read the article on the gazettes website.

  5. #5

    Default Re: CCW Safe

    Quote Originally Posted by tualum0982 View Post
    absolutely. In theory, it sounds like a good piece of "insurance." Is it only offered in OK or anyone can join they just happen to be from ok? I read the article on the gazettes website.
    Looks like it is any state, could be wrong.
    Fight Crime: Shoot back!!

    My feedback thread: http://www.okshooters.com/showthread...=Ackleyshooter

  6. #6
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    oklahoma city
    Posts
    160

    Default Re: CCW Safe

    Quote Originally Posted by AckleyShooter View Post
    Looks like it is any state, could be wrong.
    any state where your OK SDA card is valid.

  7. #7

    Default Re: CCW Safe

    Two of the founders ate retired police officers.

  8. #8

    Default Re: CCW Safe

    Originally Posted by m4man27 "Two of the founders ate retired police officers."

    WOW! I hope that this----------------------------^^^ was supposed to be "are"!!

  9. #9

    Default Re: CCW Safe

    Quote Originally Posted by AckleyShooter View Post
    That's exactly my reasoning for considering a membership....I don't want to bankrupt my family trying to keep myself from prison assuming someone doesn't agree with my choice to pull the trigger. Just look at Zimmerman down in Florida, he had to resort to putting up an internet page to ask for funds.
    and just think if he didnt have the national media exposure....he wouldnt have collected anywhere near 185,000 dollars in handouts.

    EDIT:

    Did you decide on purchasing yet? If you have, can you give us any details. I certainly dont have the hundreds of thousands of dollars if I were ever put into this situation. Our CCL should be here in a few weeks, I am thinking about purchasing for my wife and I. Can never have too much "insurance" sort of speak.

  10. #10

    Default Re: CCW Safe

    I wonder if the DA would not try to use it stating you were looking for trouble and bought ins

  11. #11

    Default Re: CCW Safe

    i hate to be the one who brings up the possible down side. I cannot imagine ANY attorney agreeing to take on a case for the proceeds of this insurance after a cc'r shoots/kills someone. It sounds like prepaid legal, and though it says it will, but for how long. Attorneys are billing $300-500 an hour, how long are they gonna rep you for no money out of your pocket? What circumstances? What if you are convicted of a bad shoot? Might be a good thing, and don't want to rain on anyones parade, but I naturally trust no one, and until I have proof otherwise, $100 a year for something kind of nebulous is a no go.

  12. #12
    Okarche1
    Guest

    Default Re: CCW Safe

    I found out about CCW Safe from a current OKC Police Officer, and was interested to find out more about the service. I searched the website www.ccwsafe.com and was very impressed by what they claimed to due for a member in the case of a gun related conflict, as usual I need to talk to a live human to ask questions, so I called and talked with Mike Darter CEO of CCW Safe. He explained how the service works and it is just as advertised on the website. I immediatly joined CCW Safe, because I have always thought about what would happen God forbid, I was ever involved in a situation where I had to use force. I am only speaking for myself, but I do not have the resources and money it would take to defend myself in a civil suit. This is a fairly new company and getting started,but I get the idea from talking to Mike and viewing some of the YouTube videos from their lead attorney, and lead investigator that CCW Safe will offer more and more as time goes on and membership should explode. Remember you are covered by CCW Safe in any state that has CCW laws. For $99 a year CCW Safe gives me the peace of mind I have been looking for.

  13. #13

    Default Re: CCW Safe

    our firm has an association with ccw safe, they are legit.it works much like an insurance policy.

  14. #14

    Default Re: CCW Safe

    Quote Originally Posted by ssgrock3 View Post
    i hate to be the one who brings up the possible down side. I cannot imagine ANY attorney agreeing to take on a case for the proceeds of this insurance after a cc'r shoots/kills someone. It sounds like prepaid legal, and though it says it will, but for how long. Attorneys are billing $300-500 an hour, how long are they gonna rep you for no money out of your pocket? What circumstances? What if you are convicted of a bad shoot? Might be a good thing, and don't want to rain on anyones parade, but I naturally trust no one, and until I have proof otherwise, $100 a year for something kind of nebulous is a no go.
    my house is insured for $200,000 i don't pay any where near that for premiums ,but if my house burns down the insurance company will pay me $200,000 same thing

  15. #15
    Okarche1
    Guest

    Default Re: CCW Safe

    You hit the nail on the head saddlebum. Great comparison, but they are not an insurance company like some of the other CC plans out there. CCW Safe is really worth looking at.

Similar Threads

  1. Places that are off limits for CCW?
    By J.P. in forum Self Defense and Handgun Carry (Concealed and Open)
    Replies: 405
    Last Post: 02-21-2014, 10:30 PM
  2. Who all is waiting for their CCW?
    By clacky in forum Self Defense and Handgun Carry (Concealed and Open)
    Replies: 2471
    Last Post: 02-12-2014, 01:12 PM
  3. CCW OK Permit in Missouri and Illinois
    By okshooter in forum Self Defense and Handgun Carry (Concealed and Open)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 08:35 PM
  4. CCW classes in OKC?
    By striker754 in forum Self Defense and Handgun Carry (Concealed and Open)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-09-2010, 02:37 PM
  5. Hi-Point for CCW?
    By Eric in forum Self Defense and Handgun Carry (Concealed and Open)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 09:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •