.327 Federal - Good CC/SD Round?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, The sig will outdo both of them in muzzle energy, but the 7.62x25mm will outdo the 327 in muzzle energy and is slightly faster. Not talking handloads. The revolver is probably more versatile when it comes to that. I'll stay with the tok round.

All that is true unless you want the revolver's form factor. My point was it's hard to compare a revolver caliber to a semiauto caliber, as to many one is not an apt substitute for the other. I apologize if that was not clear.

permafrost

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
All that is true unless you want the revolver's form factor. My point was it's hard to compare a revolver caliber to a semiauto caliber, as to many one is not an apt substitute for the other. I apologize if that was not clear.

I get what you are saying, just thinking since the original OP was about CC/SD that a semi-auto would imprint less in CC. Honestly , I think there are many, many better choices out there which would do a better job at SD or carry than these two calibers. I believe at these volocities both would have a tendancy to pass through the target and not shed there terminal velocity in the target which probably wouldn't result in very quick incapacitation, leaving the bad guy to much time to shoot back! Not to mention the danger to unintended victims behind him!

Latest posts

Top Bottom